RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric (Ric) Lambart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 22:41:06 -0800
Douglas,

You surely propose an interesting idea, but don't you think it's also
possible to "cook" the statistical books on gurus' bios, too?

Look how statistical data are constantly manipulated everywhere else in this
culture...and many others, for that matter.  Medical research alone is a
nightmare of crooked data manipulations.

I've always wished we could put some larger groups on a natural dietary and
then collect the bio info from such pools of subjects; but, would they be
willing to submit to the proding? Maybe in return for getting the good food
for free?

If I recall properly, I once read a book by an active hygienist named Jack
Tropp (not the health writer from L.A., but another chap by the same name,
who was once a fairly prominent Hollywood producer, later retiring to
Florida, where I met him at a NH meeting), who studied an Australian model
of hygiencally raised children.  I think he actually went down there and
made a documentary movie about the project, too.

The book was about an orphanage, where the children were raised in accord
with strict hygienic principles.  The results were predictably turning out a
bit too good, apparently, so the medics and their government sidekicks
closed it down.

Maybe one of you on the list might know more about this incident and have,
or know where copies can be obtained.  I'd love to locate that book again.
Kirt, are you familiar with this story?  If any of you are in touch with
Ross Horne, the great Australian hygienic writer, he might know how we can
locate that material.  Am sure you'd find the study quite interesting, Douglas.

The only time I've alowed myself to be poked, since being in the military or
giving blood, is when I take flight physicals, because it's required. But,
otherwise, I have no interest in submitting myself to the bio stuff.

Wonder how many of us raw food freaks would be interested in the pin cushion
routine.  Am sure glad I'm not a guru!

What we need is a Hygienic President...one who'd be willing to have his data
made public, that is.  Then we'd know something! ;-|

Cheers,

Ric