RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 21:15:50 +0200
Hi Roberta,

> The contamination rate was very high, like two thirds. They also visited
> some farms. Free-range often just meant there was a door on the side of the
> barn to a small yard that the chicken could go out if so inclined. The

I am still wondering about this, does it mean that the
chickens are already infected when they are still alive?
That sounds funny for me, it means that the chickens are
sick, doesn't it? And that would mean that most of the
American chickens are sick? How can that be?

Otherwise the infection must occur when or after the
slaughtering, but that would mean very bad hygienic
standards...

Anyway, I, too, wouldn't eat such chicken.

Karl