RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:26:32 GMT
>>Gerry Coffey,

>>Liza:
>>Actually, it does not perform well at all with the fibrous,
>>stringy veggies like celery or wheat grass. The fibers get
>>wrapped around the rotating blade mechanism, and overburden
>>(and overheat) the motor, and you have to stop the machine
>>and untangle the strings in order to continue. I
>>personally wouldn't recommend this juicer for wheat grass.

Lynton:
I too had problems with wheatgrass in the Champion. The only way I could
make it work was to cut the leaves into half-inch sections and insert
them in the machine after making a start with some carrots. Then some
more carrots to finish it off. Have you tried cutting grass this way? I
felt that it would have been easier to harvest it with a mower ;)
Thanks for the info, but I've found a manual stainless steel wheatgrass
juicer that I'm going to order, costs $90 plus delivery. Then (much)
later I will probably get an Omega 8000 which works in much the same way
as Green Power, but it's more powerful apparently.