RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Francis Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 08:11:04 -0400
Very nice discourse and you make very valid points.

I often get the opposite impression however, that some people
disregard
those that do thrive on longterm raw and/or mostly fruit diets (or
they
claim to do so), and therefore essentially claim that it can't be
done,
and/or the people are liars.  I have no way of verifying certain raw
claimants diets, of course, and agree that there can be some in
denial.

I was tested and was shown to be deficient in b12.  I took a
supplement and
was then tested as normal.  This is counter to the claim of those
(unless I
have misunderstood the statements) that state that all bottled
supplements
are useless and/or dangerous.  Since I had no symptoms, and the test
was a
minor deficiency, there could be several possibilities,
1. I produce insufficient b12 2. I do not ingest sufficient b12  3.
humans
require animal products  4. the test is not valid  5. too-sanitary
food
supply. - perhaps there are other reasons.

I do appreciate the existence of beyondveg and the thoughts that it
has
provoked.  I continue to monitor and study.  I was not convinced by
the
data at that site that the other problem nutrients are unavailable or
insufficient with a raw vegan diet.

I appreciate those that have shared their experiences and allowed me
learn from them.