RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa Ziemann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 09:05:00 -0500

> <<  would like to know about wheatgrass, because I am considering
> adding it to my juice as I come off this fast I have been on.  I
> have been eating it in my  salads, in moderate anounts, but do you
> think that if I am allergic to wheat,  I may be allergic to wheat
> grass?  Why is it reccommended that one be very cautious with wheat
> grass? What in it could cause ill effects, and why? >>

I think you should read a couple of books by Ann Wigmore.  "The Hippocrates
Diet and Health Program" is a complete overview of the principles of self
healing, recipes, tips on indoor gardening, sprouting chapter, food
combining, and lots of good information on wheat grass.  The other book is
called "The Wheatgrass Book."  This book will provide you with all the
information you need.

As far as allergies, I can't answer your question.  I do know that the
reason you need to be cautious with it because it is a very powerfull
cleanser. The grass can make you sick as it detoxes . You should only
take a half an ounce when you are starting, and gradually build up to
2-4 ounces each morning.  I wouldn't waste the juice by mixing it with
other juices.  To reap the powerfull effects, you should take it on an
empty stomach, and straight up.  Wait an hour before having your regular
juice.  If you can't stomach it this way, then you should mix it with
your juice.

There is SO much to say about wheatgrass.

I hope this helps-
good luck!

lisa