RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 18:00:07 +0100
Jean-Louis,

first, thank you for the very interesting citations that
you posted in the past days. We looked up the MEDLINE search
engine and found it very interesting. And a real improvement
over CompuServe access, which is very expensive.

Regarding the hair:

I stopped using any kind of soap or shampoo even some years
before I began with Instincto. At that time I had bad
problems with the skin of my hands. It was very brittle
and broke on the slightest strain. So I stopped using
soap and the problem went away. Afterwards I stopped using
shampoo, toothpaste, perfumes, ointments, after-shaves
and lipsticks, too.

These are the reasons:

- Every fat dissolving chemical will destroy the fat-acid
protection of the skin. The body will sometimes react by
producing to much fat. Lipsticks make the lips addicted,
so stopping to use them is uncomfortable at first.

- Every fat dissolving chemical that gets _into_ the body
is a real threat to some tissues. It could, for example,
dismantle nerve cells or dissolve connective tissue.

- Many detergents contain tensides who have been proven to act
like estrogens (when they come together with other chemicals).
This was discovered in Florida, because the alligators became
sterile. The male alligators just didn't develop right, because
the amount of oestrogene-like substances in the water.

- The aromatic substances in a lot of shampoos and soaps are
known to be absorbed by the body. These can lead to allergies
and probably worse symptoms. I friend of mine even suspects
that a cancer that he got on his upper lip might be caused by
using one after-shave for decades.

- The production of all these substances and the disposal of
the remaining garbage are very straining for our environment.

About fatty hair:
Many natural tribes like fatty hair. They intentionally make
it more fatty and form fantastic hairstyles with it. ;-)
Today, I get fatty hair only when I eat a lot of fatty products
like Avocados, rich meat or many fatty nuts.

-Karl