RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 17:14:52 -0400
Hi Peter!

So you're still here, eh?

> Which insects do you recommend to start off with, where do you buy
> them and which ones are your favorites?

I recommend starting with baby flies, in their larvae state. You can
either cultivate your own by leaving a piece of meat out in the sun,
enclosed in a loosely-covered polyethylene container, for about a week.
Or the easier way is to find an all-you-can-eat buffet-style restaurant
(if you're ever at Disney World or DisneyLand in either Orlando or LA
you will find many of these restaurants in the outlying neighborhoods).
Drive around the back, to the dumpsters. There you will discover to your
delight that they are chock-full of delicious baby flies! Enjoy! :)

How about you? What are your favorites?

Love Liza