RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"karen kellock Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 15:51:19 -0700
Please read beyondveg.com for all the paleoscientific studies on diet.
The
comparative ape studies have been found false--nowhere are there
fruitarian
apes or tribes.  All have some or alot of meat.  they are now finding
man is
like a cat--he needs fat.  beyondveg.com is composed of 20-fruitarians
who
achieved great health by going beyond all these fringe diets.  Please
don't
commit the common fruitarian (party-line) mistake of comparing the SAD
with
a paleo-diet!  The paleo diet is just meat, fat, veg, and some fruit
(berries
mostly).   It is healthy, the SAD is just that--ridiculous.  For
twenty
years I ate tomato, red bell, cucumber avocado and lemon jc. salad for
breakfast, and fasted twenty hours to the next day.  It worked well
for
a time but my decline started subtley, insidiously.  mood swings,
cravings,
anger, insomnia, irritability, lost teeth, sagging skin--all radically
opposite to the promises of the diet by Ehret.  I kept trying harder,
thinking it was my fault.  Finally, when reading the above cites, I
read the
bios of 20-year fruitarians and we all had much teh same results.
please read
those bios, and we'll talk