RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Walter Semerenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 20:24:17 +0000
>Anybody have further details? You know, though, at least Ehret like Paul
>Bragg got to die of an accident and not have to worry about the ignominy of
>dying of some unfortunate disease like Shelton and Fry and all the rest of
>us, so his legend could be preserved. :-)

Please tell me about the Bragg accident!  I've been always wondering about
how old Bragg was in the pictures of his fasting book, but it never stated
how old he was.  Also, I was reading the bragg web site www.bragg.com and
found his bio conspicuously no mention of his death.  How old was he when he
died?

Ann Wigmore:  When I went down to West Palm Beach to visit my parents, I
took a tour of the Hippocrates Health Institute.  I asked one of the clerks
at the shop about Wigmore's death, and she told me that she died in a fire.
She told me that Wigmore was trying to salvage
stuff from inside and suffocated from smoke inhalation.  The clerk seemed
unsure of what happened as she asked another clerk.  I don't know how old
she was.

Norman Walker:  I believe someone here already mentioned him.  He passed
away at 108(?).  I think this was the right number as I read in one of his
book liners.

Vicktoras Kulvinskas:  I was reading the archives, and a couple people
mentioned though he is in his 50's he has "old" features.  I guess living
foods diet doesn't necessarily make your  biological age look less than your
chronological age.

Jeanne Calment:  I don't know all that she ate, but several articles said
that she said that olive oil contributed to her long life.  Ironically, at
the age 95 she gave up smoking, and she was fond of chocolate and wine.  She
passed away at 122.  More info at
http://lubbockonline.com/news/080597/frances.htm

Walter.