RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:54:31 -0800
Don Wiss wrote:

> Kate Burton wrote:
>
> >Cancer sores are a form of herpes simplex virus.
>
> Wrong. You're thinking of cold sores.

It is VERY common to hear and read that both cold and canker sores
are forms of herpes.  I have never had a cold sore, but I had tons
of canker sores as a child.  My doctors always told me that they're
a type of herpes.  (I'm not saying that therefore it must be true,
just illustrating how common a belief it is.)

> Anju Sidana asked:
>
> > Does anyone know anything about canker sores, in terms of cause or
> >treatment, or anything helpful?

The one thing I found to be consistently helpful was suggested to
me by an ear/nose/throat doc, a guy who was in all other respects
an old fogey.  His suggestion: acidophilus.  It worked like a
charm every time.  Why, I don't know.

Carol