RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Brassil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 16:37:45 -0000
Nameste if you manage to live so healthily on fruits and vegetables I wonder
what country are you living in? The reason I am asking this is because
living in the colder northern hemisphere it is difficult to maintain health
on such a diet as it is overall too cooling ot the body. This then tends to
undermine the intergrity of the adrenal glands which then lowers digestive
power. i find that there are certain bodies who need the inclusion of grains
in the diet for health and and maintaining water balance in the body.
I found a diet of just fruit and vegetables too eliminating for my body
although I appreciate that others do ok. One has to look at the long term
implications of an all fruit diet. Our livers for optimal function need a
certain amount of protein. I do not believe that this can be got from fruit
as I lost too much weight on an all fruit diet and only gained it back when
I put good quality protein back in my diet.
I find that an all fruit diet is ok for a few days for cleansing purposes
but beyond this it can work against some constitutions.
Regards
Martha