RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 11:02:18 -0700
I will post articles extracted from the recent Morris Krok material posted
here - on raw-food and veg-raw. These are edited for use as newsletter
articles and are more attractive than the material as posted. I will post
a few today, and the last article (edit pending) when I get around to
finishing the editing.

The actual articles mentioned here are effectively re-posts, so some of you
might want to ignore/delete these posts.

Tom Billings

P.S. I received some new material from Morris - I requested authorization to
distribute, but have not heard from Morris yet on that. If he approves,
I will be posting some new material as well - about 900 lines or so.

=====newsletter article===================================

NEW ARTICLE SERIES BY MORRIS KROK

I recently received a long e-mail from Morris Krok, a paper that covers
many topics. Morris gave permission for the material to be distributed on
Internet and in the SF-LiFE newsletter. Due to the length of the material,
it cannot be published in one piece in the SF-LiFE newsletter. Instead,
I am extracting whole paragraphs and sets of paragraphs, to form articles
on specific topics. The first such article is in this issue of the SF-LiFE
newsletter; the principal topic of that article is the effects of excess
fruit consumption. Morris was very interested in seeing that message
distributed, so it is the first extract article to be published.

In creating these extract articles, please note I am doing only MINIMAL
editing, as follows.

* reformatting so that the line is 80 characters or less
* deleting the line end characters from his e-mail (= at the end of each line)
* correcting punctuation and checking spelling
* changing the tense of verbs when necessary.
* the material Morris sent was posted by me on Internet, with the brief title
  "Exeter Notes". I chose the titles for each extract article.
* I have inserted brief explanatory notes in the text, when necessary, denoted
  by square brackets [*].
* I add comments at the end of articles, but only when I believe it to be
  important/necessary.

The reason for minimizing editing is to accurately present the material as
written by Morris. Additional articles will be extracted from the material,
and will appear in future issues of the SF-LiFE newsletter. I hope you find
these articles of interest. Note: because there is another ongoing series of
articles pending in the newsletter (the "Essential Advice" series), the
articles in each series will be published as circumstances permit.

P.S. in case some readers are not familiar with Morris: he is a  well known
author of books on yoga, water cure, and fruitarianism. Morris lives in South
Africa, and visits the U.S. often. He has spoken at SF-LiFE events in the
past.

Contact Info:

Morris Krok
P.O.Box 1129
Wandsbeck
3631
South Africa

Phone +27 31 864521
Fax   +27 31 2670600

Those in the U.S. can order the books by Morris Krok from his daughter,
contact:

Susan Krok
21 Coquito Ct.
Portola Valley, CA 94028

I suggest using her instead of alternate suppliers, as his family here
will benefit.

Tom Billings