RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
EVW Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:28:01 -0700
Liza May wrote:

> I haven't myself, but a number of my clients have, and all report that
> it seems to make a difference.  They take this in combination with
> chondroiton (sp?) and shark cartilage, for inflammed knees and other
> joint problems. Since these supplements are real popular right now, I
> wonder if the fact that it's helping is more a 'placebo' effect than
> biochemical reactions, (but of course that doesn't really matter if it
> works).

I don't think it's a placebo effect. Here's what happened for me. I
decided to try it and took the dose recommended on the bottle. Within
two days my joints were so painful I couldn't walk. My gut didn't like
it either. I'm 70 and have osteoarthritis. But since I read that
glucosamine is a nutrient, I decided that it was working, and the pain
was from toxins being released. I had a lot of pain when I first ate raw
meat and introduced other foods I needed. I lowered the dose a bit, took
some cassia, and am feeling better, so I'll keep taking it and see.

My best, Ellie