RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 11:20:06 -0400
Hi Steve,
> BTW, where do you buy your game meat (ie you mentioned
> eating deer.....sounds yummy!  Or do you grow that in your backyard too?
> ;))...).

Well, the-love-of-my-life GenieBoy is a great hunter and even
greater fisherman (he seems to be able to communicate telepathically
with the fish and animals). So we get a lot of our food that way. (I
accompany him sometimes, but I'm not very good).

Then, we have lots of family and friends that hunt and fish and live
in the country with small farms, where they raise beef, hogs,
chickens and turkeys. So we also get food that way.

Then we also buy at our local Whole Foods market, which carries
various game meats from time to time.

And we have also ordered mail-order, too, and here are some names
and numbers you can try:

Tuscarora Valley (beef) (near us in Virginia) 301-681-6320
Reba Farm Beefalo, (beefalo and pork) New York state, 518-642-0517
Durham Meat, (large variety of game meats) San Jose CA 800-233-8742
Outlands New Zealand Meat      http://www.outlands.co.nz/
Big Sky Buffalo
http://tradecorridor.com/bigskybuffalo/buffordr.htm

And then the Paleofood list also has a list of suppliers, if I'm
remembering correctly, along with jillions of great recipes, at
http://www.panix.com/~paleodiet/list/

Anyway, happy hunting!  :)

Love Liza
--