RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meredith Westfall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 1996 14:29:45 -0400 (EDT)
Sandy,
Thanks for posting such a comprehensive list of resources-that was great.
And to everyone else...because of this list and reading great stuff on a
daily basis (more or less), I have been able to get to a higher level of
raw food which I feel great about.  I've accepted the fact that people
will probably give me a hard time (just as when I was vegan).  I don't
need to give excuses or explanations, nor do I talk about my food habits
unless someone is really, truly, and sincerely interested.
As Kirt said, being out of the mainstream is kind of fun.  I
wholeheartedly agree.
subject change...
I went to Chinatown yesterday and found green papaya.  When I was in
Thailand, I used to eat a spicy salad and remember grated green papaya
being the base.  I haven't made anything yet, but will later today.
Lately, I've been blending up a lot of gazpacho..tomatoes, vidalia onions
and cukes...so plain, so simple and so delicious.
Thanks everyone for posting.  It has helped me immensely and will
continue to.
Happy long weekend.
Meredith