RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Micaela Hoskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:19:54 -0700
Paul,

My philosophy with exercise says start slow and build up. If the body or
mind are uncomfortable, you won't want to repeat the experience. In
addition overworking muscles calls for higher nutrition stores which you
may of may not have. When starting up an exercise program, work out to
the point just short of losing your breath and then back off a little
bit. You should feel the exercise but still be able to converse with a
friend. Work on steadily lengthening the exercise period and acknowledge
the improvements that you notice. After one long period of not
exercising, I went for a walk. I walked down to a local duck pond,
watched the ducks for a while and then walked back. (This was about 8
minutes of effort one way.)
Within a few weeks I was up to 45 minutes of walking, including 25
minutes at a brisk pace.

Micaela