RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Axel Makaroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 00:32:03 -0300
At 12:29 14/06/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>I've been wondering about what people do with the water after soaking
>dried fruits and nuts?
>
>particularly, the water you've soaked dried fruit in. is it of nutritional
>value or is it full of sugar?
>
>thanks in advance.
>Lucia

not now, but when i was eating lots of soaked figs and dates a few
years
ago, i discarded it except that sometimes i used some to do
banana-date-fig
icecream, and to have the blender start, some of that super-sweet
water was
helpful. now in retrospect that was an awful lot of sugar.

regards,

axel makaroff