RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Mayne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 11:10:14 -0500
> Two-thirds of the increases in total daily energy expenditure was due to
> increased nonexercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT), which is associated
> with fidgeting, maintenance of posture, and other physical activities of
> daily life. Changes in NEAT accounted for the 10-FOLD DIFFERENCES IN FAT
> STORAGE THAT OCCURRED !!! [caps and exclamation points mine].

Wow, that's great news, now that it is cold enough here in Atlanta
that I cannot ride my bicycle to work everyday. Thanks Liza.

BTW, has anyone seen any published studies on the affects of
exercise and aging - i.e. is there a point where one begins
to burn the life out from over-exercise, thus detrimental to
the aging processes ? From observing athelets doing very
strenuous events, such as cyclists riding 200km+ stages in
the Tour De France, with numereous stages going through the
Alps and Pyrenees (sp), I am curious as to what affects such
efforts have on the participants life span. For instance, Greg
Lemond, 3 time winner of the TDF and 2 times World Champion,
suffers from mitochondria myopothy, a disease which apparently
prevents proper recovery of muscular functionality after effort.

Regards,

David