RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 12:06:02 +0000
Hi Ryan, Ben, and Lee,

welcome to the list. Good to have people who say "hello" instead of
lurking around (I never liked the lurkers, sorry!).

Ryan:
>My goal is to be 100% raw by New Years. I've tried before and was
>wondering if there was anything that helped with detox time.

The plant called "Cassia" will be of great help. Search the archives
with this word and you'll find several longs posts explaining how to
use it and where to get it.

Ryan:
>                     |           GO VEGAN !!!           |

Well, that's something I certainly won't do. I am an instinctive eater
and this includes raw animal products. If you go 100% raw and vegan, be
warned: this diet may fail. There are lots of posts about this topic in
the archives so I won't discuss the issue again.

Lee:
>Vince or anyone else that has this juicer.  The Green Power juicer
>claims to use magnets to impart more positive ions, thus a more
>positive charge, to the

My knowledge of physics tells me, that ions are atoms or molecules, that
have excessive electrons (negative ions) or are lacking some (positive
ions). Electrons can be added or subtracted by a strong static electri-
cal field, but   n o t   by a magnetic field.
So I doubt a little, what those people are claiming.
By the way: the devices generating negative ions always work with a high
electrical voltage, not with magnets.

Ben:
>The truth is that there is
>no inherent danger in consuming products obtained from natural, organic
>sources, and in fact, there are many benefits to be gained.  Most if
>not all of the "infection problems" come from cooked or frozen meat
>that has been left out or mishandled.  Raw, fresh animal products are
>far more resistent to harmful overgrowths of bacteria than their frozen
>or cooked counterparts.

There's more than organic to consider if it comes to animal products.
But generally I agree. I'd like to add, that the immune system of a raw
fooder becomes stronger, than that of SADers over time and can handle
bacteria and fungus better, than with cooked nutrition. Parasites on the
other hand seem to be a different issue. Good meat sources and the
question of immunity against parasites were discussed in length on this
list. Search the archives!

Instinctive greetings,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]