RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Mathison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 23:30:07 EST
In a message dated 3/31/99 8:33:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

>>> But even though I have to agree that a total raw food mostly fruitarian
>>> vegan diet cured my acne as well as many other symptoms/syndromes I had

>> I still can't conclude that it *works for me.* It has brought on signs of
>> deficiencies in its own right, like dry skin and poor muscle tone,
>> which started to come about as soon as I went all raw vegan 4 years ago.
>>
>> --Sounds like you are consuming too much concentrated protein and/or
>> dried fruits and your body is dehydrated. That's what causes dry skin.

Really? Say's who? The body is a much more complex organism than you
apparently realize. It sounds to me like you are trying to defend your
"religious" views of a particular way of eating, even though that way of
eating causes many people the kind of problems Sandy described.

>> > So for me despite that a diet may *cure* some diseases or
>> > syndromes, itdoesnt
>> > necessarily mean that it overall, or over the long term, is
>> > adequate for you.It could mean simply that you are now avoiding foods that
>> > you were sensitive to, or that you cleaned out on fruits but now you need to
>> > rebuild or somesuch. I am still trying to resolve the dry skin/poor muscle
>> > tone/flab issue for myself.
>> >
>> > Love
>> > Sandy
>> >
>> --Poor muscle tone and flab is due to lack of toning exercises.

Another "religious" answer. How do you know Sandy is not already doing
toning excercises?