RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 13:19:02 -0700 (PDT)
Peter:
>As I understand it a strong immune system means having strong
>beneficial bacterial cultures in the acidic environment of our guts. If
>a raw vegan diet creates an inner environment that is alkaline,
>consequently unfriendly bacteria will proliferate.

Tom:
An interesting point. I vaguely recall looking at the abstract of research
that compared fecal bacteria of (raw?) food vegans and conventional diets.
There were differences, but I don't recall details. Perhaps if I have some time
in the future, I will try to re-locate that study.

Tom:
>>A recent article (1994) in the journal "Plants and Soil"  claims that
>>vegetables grown 'naturally' contain B-12. One nutritionist, citing
>>this article, now claims that one can get B-12 from the vegan diet.
>>Other nutritionists have not joined in that opinion, and continue to
>>recommend supplements.

Peter:
>I would love to read this article. If you have it could you post on the
>list?

Tom:
I have not had the time to look this up yet, so don't have a copy to scan
(or a scanner to scan it on).

>Bernarr said:
>>Eat once daily, immediately before going to sleep.

Peter:
>Why would you want to eat all your food at one meal just before you go
>to sleep when your digestive fires are at their lowest and your body
>needs to rest? It defies all logic.

Tom:
Agreed. Eating before bed is not a good idea. Years ago I experimented and
drank nearly a quart of orange juice before going to bed, for several weeks
(it was dumb, but I was younger then). Result: more sleep, and I actually
gained weight on late dinners of orange juice!

>Bernarr
>>When having sex, practice injaculation, i.e. orgasms without
>>enervating ejaculations!  No masturbation.

Tom:
Internal ejaculation will have about the same effects on the system as normal
ejaculation. There are Tantric practices one can learn to fully retain all
sexual fluids during sex, but finding a qualified, genuine teacher of those
methods could be difficult.

Regards,
Tom Billings