RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deborah Boyar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 97 10:45:22 -0700
Hello Jeffrey,

We meet again after all this time.  Glad you are part of this list.

>I spoke with Dr. Castelli recently (November 1996) and hold in my hand
>his most recent published information "Lipids and Coronory Heart
>DIsease: The Cholesterol Campaign 1996" which is also a transcript from
>a presentation he gave for cardiologists and CV surgeons at the time.
>
>"Three quarters of the cholesterol in our bodies is manufactured by our
>bodies and that mostly outside our livers.  Two-thirds of the excess
>cholesterol in our bodies is from eating to much saturated fat...
>...it causes atherosclerosis".

I appreciated your passing along Dr. Castelli's current thinking.  If you
still have an avenue to him, could you ask him how he would explain
Zephyr's consumption of raw animal products (including their fat), for
nearly six years, at an approximate rate of three meals weekly, averaging
two pounds at each of these meals, and his cholesterol, after that six
year period, being only 119?  [This was measured at the very beginning of
his downturn due to trichinosis.]

Very best wishes to you,
Deborah