RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 15:18:54 +0200 (MET DST)
Stefan:

> Indeed there are a lot of excuses:
> - poor food supply
> - degeneration of human beings that can't be made undone immediately
> - decades of cooked food you and me ate
> - overall environmental pollution
>
> I don't consider the instincto record to be poor (...)

My opinion is that eating raw + 75 % organic + instinctively + no
dairy + no wheat lies at 80-90% on the way between Standard Diet and
Optimal Instinctive Nutrition, so if the health of a person is not at
80% on the way between his formet state of health and "optimal
health", the only conclusion I can draw is that a perfect instinctive
nutrition is not sufficient to provide optimal health.

I also think that blaming the denaturation of food for "mistakes" and
its consequences on health is an easy excuse. Most of the persons who
have a healthful way of life, eat frugally, do not use aggressive
methods of cooking live long and have a very good health. So, if
searching for the most sophisticated improvements, the highest quality
exotic fruits (and spending how much) only provide slight
improvements, the conclusion would be that, either there is something
wrong in the protocols of instincto-nutrition that Burger has set up,
or that instinctive nutrition cannot (or at least, not easily) be
applied to modern humans living under the unnatural conditions of the
XXth century.

I am not an Orkos-fanatic. I admit that some denatured foods have
misled my instinct, such as "untreated" commercial Deglet Noor dates
or "raw" cashews, but once my attraction to those items will fade, I
hope I won't need Orkos anymore (or at least, very occasionally). And
even for meat: given the tiny quantity I eat, even if my health
doesn't get any benefits (i.e., the intoxication is as high as the
detox effect+supply of nutrients), for me it doesn't really matter.
Compare my former diet (bread+butter+cereals+pasteurized milk at
breakfast, meat at lunch, milk+cookies at 4 p.m., meat at dinner) with
my present diet (no dairy, 2 egg yolks or 1/2 pound of raw fish once
or twice a week, almost no meat), well, I would consider the
ill-effects on my health of a very occasional slightly non-instinctive
quality meat (or the few non-instinctive but *raw* and *organic* egg
yolks) as negligible.

I also consider that eating a small quantity of not perfect RAF is
better than never eating any, because the deficiencies may become
worse than the supposed intox effects of not instinctive-quality
RAF. An health is not the only point: pleasure is important too. I
know I like salmon, but when I saw the price of wild salmon from Orkos
(450 F=80$/kg), I think I'll buy a piece of ordinary salmon (80
F=15$/kg) every 3 months or so...

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis