RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 19:55:04 -0600
Fred:
>For everybody on the raw-food list As an outsider observer of what's going
on with the >NFL controversy, as also as being personal friend and
assistant of NFL, I felt that the >time was right to give my opinion on the
matter.

I wonder why you got this sudden impulse. Have the NFL boys given up
speaking up for themselves?  Can we expect that you will begin answering
some of the many questions that they have been ducking for so long? :-)

>I've seen that since the begining of NFL activities, many people on this
>list and elsewhere have over the course of time, or since the beginning
>developped an anti-NFL attitude.

Is that an understatement. :-)

>This would seem, to the outside observer, to be only a problem of
different opinion.

As a personal friend and assistant you hardly qualify as an "outside
observer"
- more like an "inside footman" if you ask me. ;-)

>The strong vegan position of NFL may contratict with meat eating fad, or
to the flimp >and whimp approach that health seekers have been used to the
present.

You call plagiarizing their main body of work "a strong vegan stand"? -
seems more like a weak moral stand to me. ;-) Besides, you make it sound as
if NFL have had something new & fresh to contribute when the truth is that
the vegan, raw, high fruit diet has been promoted by numerous health
advocates since the beginning of this century.  No, NFL, the Milli Vanelli
of raw foods, is a fad in the passing. :-)

>But the real reason why some so-called raw-foodists try to bring down NFL is
>because they realise that something actualy get done.

NFL makes me proud of eating cooked foods.  The more I hear of NFL, the
more cooked foods I want to eat - it is like making a personal & political
statement. In fact, NFL has been instrumental in helping me get over my
long-time obsession with eating my foods raw.  If they keep this up and
regard this as an accomplishment, in a few years there might not be many
people left eating raw foods. ;-)

>These guys are not joking, either the whole world goes raw or we will
inforce it by >law!

This might be a good opportunity to announce the start-up of "COOKED", the
Cooked Foods Liberation Movement, whose sole purpose will be to defend the
rights of cooked food eaters and overthrow the coming raw rulership of NFL.
:-)

>The compromise approach never works.

Never say never. :-)  The experience of myself and many others has been
that compromise & moderation often are the only roads leading to glory.

>Was there really something going on in the raw-food world before NFL?

No, before NFL there was only the darkness of the wretched cooked eaters
condemned forever to a life of depraved drudgery. :-)

> Would anyone have thought of the possibility of raw-promotion on OPRAH
show >before(that's gonna happen).

Operah will show off NFL as the latest sideshow from nutty, fruity
California.  This will benefit her ratings and probably set back raw foods
another couple of decades. As I have expressed before, I think that NFL has
been planted by the cooked food industry to divide and weaken the raw foods
movement. ;-)

>Things are really moving fast, and it's certainly not because of a bunch
>of baked potatoes eaters.

NFL has picked you well. Has it ever occurred to you that one of the main
reasons that NFL has become so increasingly unpopular, is their propensity
for using the kind of name-calling that you are resorting to right now?

>Ladies and gentlemen, the opponents of NFL will say anything to bring them
down.

Speaking up against their tactics of deceit, threats and ridicule will
hopefully contribute to bring them down but nobody could ever do as good
job at it as NFL themselves. They will never be able to shake their
embarrassing image as greedy plagiarists - just ask Milli Vanelli. ;-)

>Results is the only measure of sucess.

And hollow slogans are the signatures of defeat. ;-)

>So what type of writing do you think that will really save lives, NFL or
the SF Life's newsletter?

SF-LIFE's newsletter, naturally. :-)

>Yours in controversy.

There can be no controversy without content which your post has very little
of.  Furthermore, it is written in the usual NFL style of chest-drumming,
crass self-promotion and empty slogans which invites to conflict, not peace
and dialog.  This is hardly something to be proud of but I understand that
such sensitivities are probably of little concern to somebody who is to
become one of the future rulers of the world. ;-)

Best, Peter