RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:14:50 -0700

>> -people always ask questions the first time ("don't you like the
>>food?", or "are you vegetarian?", etc).

>>Depending on the person, these inconvenients are more or less well
>>accepted. Those who have followed his mostly raw regimen for
>>a year with success are of course free to try and refine it if they
>>feel it useful or necessary

Jean-Seignalet is doing a great job at bringing into question the"
nourishing" capacities of grains and dairies and at making available to
the public an easy access to improved health.
I know pretty well how" inconvenient" the exclusion of dairies and wheat
in a country made historically from thoses 2 foods, can be . It is a
revolution in itself to just suggest that thoses items might have"
inconvenient "outcomes(degeneratives diseases for ex.) in a country that
whorship them (France is well known for the refinements done on milk and
wheat to make them palatable). Not drinking wine was allready a
challenge in my social surronding , so not touching milk and wheat was
blasphemy specially in the mountains were i was living .
Jean is going to have hard time to get accepted by the scientific
community in France, so if he want to continue practicing he might have
to be prudent in what he is saying.( i think he is a searcher rather
than a pratictionner of medicine, that will explain his " freedom" at
streching the "idees recues".
I saw that clearly when i had to deal with the toxoplasmosis infestation
of my pregnat wife. The searcher that we saw have been able to give us
informations that was leading us to question the well founded
usefullness of treating the baby with 2 antimalarian antibiotics every
day of his 1st year.
But the practitioner pediatrician involved in th therapeutic interest
was forcefull with his belief in the indispensable treatment , he more
than suggested that we had to, we didn't and felt good all the way with
this decision.
That experience taught me a lot about the irrevelency of researchs to
help to make decisions in my life. When we asked the researcher if
toxoplasmosis was transmissible thru breast milk , he answer that it was
a good question that he never dawn on him to ask.
When we asked about what happens when baby don't get treated, he said
that the last statistic was from 40 years ago in nederland that was
giving something closed to 50 % of baby got infected from the mother and
they were far from all developping symptoms ever. ( on top of that
considering the high consomation of dairy in nederland it was not a good
reference for us who don't) (it could have been very much "inconvenient"
for us to not treat our baby .
Facing charge for neglecting infant for ex.) Briging food along with me
is far from being inconvenient to me, it is a pleasure in itself to care
for myself or my baby., now i understand that it can be for most people,
specially the ones who expect to be taking care of ( by restaurant ,
convenient foods or doctors...). Could this be a remnant of the
unfulfilled expectation of baby to be breastfed or nurtured in demand?(
see "the continuum concept" of Jean LIedloff)
Jean-claude