RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
François Dovat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:52:27 +0100
Hi Jean-Louis,

> >F : Yes, of course particles do not communicate in English. But, if I
> >understand well, we have to admit either that an "instantaneous" signal
> >(faster than light) somehow connects them, or else that they are still
one
> >when far apart (non-separable localy).
>
> Yes, the common interpretation is that there are "non local" phenomena.
But
> that's not the same thing as sending a "message" instantaneously.
>

> >F : I welcome any rationnal explanation of telepathy and other ESP
> >phenomenons.
> >Bell's views and experiments about the EPR paradox may well not be the
> >proper explanation.
>
> The EPR paradox and subsequent experiments CANNOT AT ALL explain
telepathy,
> if by telepathy you mean being able to read thoughts (expressed in
English,
> for instance) in someone else's mind. I am not saying that these phenomena
> do not exist (although I doubt so), but that so far, modern physics,
quantum
> or otherwise, cannot explanation to telepathy.

F : I suppose telepathy doesn't  necessitate a language such as English,
Chinese, Esperanto or French. The "message"might be in a different form. I
know we haven't yet any exact explanation of telepathy, but I just wanted to
show that it is far from being ruled out by physics.
I searched on the web to confirm or invalid your statement. There's a huge
amount of papers about that and it seems experts widely disagree. The last
quote below confirm what you write, but also says: "(...)an alternative to
the conventional view that all knowledge may be reduced to quantum
mechanical knowledge, allows life to have its own potentialities, beyond
what the constraints of "good scientific method" will allow(...)."

From :
http://www-physics.lbl.gov/~stapp/37315.txt

                       Henry P. Stapp
                Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
                  University of California
                 Berkeley, California 94720

 Invited contribution to the UNESCO sponsored Symposium
              Science and Culture: A Common Path for the Future
                    Tokyo, September 10-15, 1995
June 8, 1995                                           LBL 37315.txt

            Values and the Quantum Conception of Man

"Yet Bohr's move  seemed retrograde at  the time. For the  tremendous
success of
science was  widely perceived  to be a  vindication of the  wisdom of
excluding
spirit and  mind from our  scientific  conception of the  physical world,
along
with religious dogmas and myths."
"Bohr proceeded very  cautiously with the  re-introduction of mind into
science.(...)"

"Beyond its re-instatement of freedom and meaning the quantum conception
unveils
a still deeper truth.  This arises from an aspect  of quantum mechanics not
yet
touched  upon  here,  namely  the  deep-level  of   connectedness of
spatially
separated  physical  entities. Once  two entities  have  interacted they
become
intrinsically  intertwined in a way  that is not  physically apparent, and
that
moreover  defies   comprehension  within  the way  of  thinking that
underlies
classical  mechanics and our  common-sense  understanding of  nature. Yet it
is
entailed by quantum  mechanics, and has been  confirmed by delicate
experiments
in simple cases where  sufficient control over the  experimental conditions
can
be maintained. This deep-level connectedness entails that our choices,
although
highly  personal in  terms of  their meaning  to us,  have another  aspect
that
transcends  the   individual. A  choice  made by  one person   generally has
an
`instantaneous  effect' on the  objective  tendencies  associated with
far-away
entities with whom he has interacted  at some time in the past. It is as if
the
entire  universe  is, in  some  sense, a  single  organism  whose  parts are
in
instantaneous  communication. This means that  although each of us
participates
in an  individually meaningful  way in the  process that  infuses form into
the
universe,  and can  shape  this  process in  accordance  with his  own
personal
values, nevertheless the  process is basically one  universal activity of
which
each of us is a  highly integrated  part. Quantum theory  indicates that we
are
all, far more  intricately than  appearances indicate,  facets of one
universal
process. Thus, according  to the quantum conception  of nature, the notion
that
any one of us is separate and distinct from the rest of us is an illusion
based
on  misleading  appearances.  Recognition of  this deep  unity of  nature
makes
rational the belief that to act against another is to act against oneself."

From :
http://www.swcp.com/~hswift/swc/Spring97/9701swift.html

"Einstein believed the second photon could not instantaneously know what the
polarization state of the first photon was. The inescapable conclusion,
however, from Aspect's laboratory results was, however, that the second
photon did in fact very quickly know what the measured polarization angle of
the first photon was!

The results of this experiment is summarized by Herbert (1993,. p236) by, ".
despite physicists' traditional rejection of unmediated influences; despite
the fact that all known interactions in physics are mediated, mitigated, and
light-speed limited; despite Einstein's prohibition against super-luminal
connections; and despite the fact that no experiment has ever revealed a
single case of unmediated faster-than-light communication, Bell and Clauser
have shown that unmediated, superluminal communications must exist in nature
(Note: not might exist, but must exist.)".
The description of Aspect's experiment by Abner Shimony (1988) has this
summarizing quotation: "Einstein held that quantum-mechanical descriptions
of physical systems are incomplete. Laboratory experiments show that he was
probably wrong; the bizarre nature of the quantum world must be accepted."
This experiment proved that once two elementary particles had interacted,
they were thenceforth informationally and non-locally interconnected, even
though they might be in separate galaxies. This astounding result shook the
physicist's world to its foundations (literally as well as figuratively).

It is tempting to think that one could use the Aspect effect for
instantaneous signaling. But Phillipe Eberhard proved this to be impossible
by his theorem, which states that information transfer between particles
requires a transfer of energy (e.g. via light). But such a transfer was
ruled out by the way parapsychological experiments were done. The
conventional scientist has therefore held that mental telepathy is
impossible. They said, "I'll see it when I believe it"; and since they didn'
t believe it, parapsychology was marginalized as a scientific enterprise.

The experiment conducted by neurophysiologist Grinberg-Zylberbaum, however,
negates this current 'scientific wisdom' about mental telepathy. See The
Einstein- Podolsky-Rosen Paradox in the Brain; The Transferred Potential,
Physics Essays 7,(4), 1994. From this paper we read,
"The purpose of this paper is to demonstrate the existence of a macroscopic
quantum system in the human brain through the demonstration of EPR non-local
correlation between brains"."

From :
http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/~bdj10/papers/bell.html
Paper published in Foundations of Physics, Vol. 21, pp. 197-207, 1991, (c)
Plenum Press.
Biological Utilisation of Quantum NonLocality[1]
Brian D. Josephson[2] and Fotini Pallikari-Viras[3]

"The goal of this paper has been that of gaining some understanding, within
the framework of conventional science, of phenomena such as telepathy and
psychokinesis which (particularly in terms of the actual experience(23,24))
seem to involve some form of direct contact at a distance. While the
non-local correlations found in EPR-type systems seem at first sight(20) to
provide a scientifically valid basis for such direct contact (particularly
for the case of telepathy which has many features that parallel those of
EPR-type correlations), calculations using the formal apparatus of quantum
theory suggest that any such connections will be purely random and thus
unusable. But the self-consistent and completely logical
multiple-description view of knowledge advocated here, an alternative to the
conventional view that all knowledge may be reduced to quantum mechanical
knowledge, allows life to have its own potentialities, beyond what the
constraints of "good scientific method" will allow, for knowing and for
acting on the basis of such knowing. Included in these categories of acting
and knowing are psychic functioning.

The present theory parallels in a number of respects the theory of
Walker(12) with its postulate that the statistical outcomes of quantum
phenomena can be modified by consciousness, and the paper of Stapp(25), in
which creative mind has a similar function. These different approaches may
all be representations of slightly different aspects of the same underlying
truth, gained by taking as a starting point a range of different points of
view."

Those were just short extracts of these few links.
Best regards,
Francois