RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon Stubbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 11:48:52 -0600
I just ran into my friend who has been juice "fasting" for 40 days. I
hadn't seen him since he began, so his appearance has changed quite a bit.
He does look very THIN but very clear and good. I know he drinks LOTS of
juice (like several quarts per day). He has also gone in and out of water
fasting and dry fasting for brief periods during the 40 days. He is also
"working out" during this fast.

Is there a point where you drink too much juice, and the body doesn't know
it's fasting?  If I eat one salad everyday for 60 days then I am not
fasting, right? But I lose tons of weight. Is the body more apt to go into
starvation mode when it is getting some--but not enough--nourishment than
when it is on a true fast? Or is there a grey area between fasting and
severe under-eating?

Also, how much exercise is too much, when you don't have resources for
building?

I will be seeing him soon. Just wondering what I should say to him about it.

Jon