RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 22:12:31 -0800
Liza May wrote:
> Why do you feel that enemas or colonics would not be good?  I am not
> being supervised - I don't want to spend the huge amount of money
> necessary to stay in one of the Centers (they look really great,
> though! Wish I could!). I hadn't thought about phone consultations,
> though, until this moment.  I have never used supervision before, and
> I have fasted many times without any problems at all.  Why do you ask?

Hi Liza,

It seems to me an excessive strain on your body to do something like
colonics while you are fasting, especially a long term fast. Why not
let your body decide when it's time to eliminate? My understanding of
fasting is that it is a chance for your body to have complete rest from
digestive work, and stressing your body could be counter productive. I am
no expert on fasting or colonics. I identify with your not wanting to
spend the money, but perhpas you could consult an expert in colonics or
fasting by phone just to be on the safe side.

My best, Ellie