RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judy Pokras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 17:42:09 +0000
Hi--

I recently went to the brand new mainly raw foods restaurant in Tribeca,
Manhattan and it is fabulous!  It's worth a trip to NYC.

The place is a really pretty cafe (think: walking into a work of art), with
a row of festive, colorful delicate art-glass lamps, wrought iron tables
interspersed with pastel painted farmhouse-looking wooden ones, lots of
fresh flowers, and several walls painted different vibrant colors.  The feel
is spacious, with a very high ceiling.

I tried two things from the menu, a savory avocado-plaintain pizza and a
blueberry-mango pie.  Wow.  I told one of the owners, I would like to live
in the restaurant!

It's at 8 Beech Street, which is two blocks below Canal, and a half a block
west of West Broadway.  (Just south of Soho.)

It's called Juiceria.  In fact, the restaurant's parent company -- Fresh
Organics -- which also delivers organic foods to residents in the tri-state
area (dial: 1-888-9fresh9), has a website: www.freshorganics.com

One of the owners has an organic farm near the Artic circle in Norway; the
other is a nationally know chef who has made meals for various celebrities
including Dick Gregory and Sandra Day O'Connor.

I'm very happy to have discovered this NYC live foods treasure.