RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheila Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 18:21:54 -0700
Tom:
>"Avocados are the richest known natural source of the seven-carbon sugar
>D-manna-heptulose (Simon and Kracier, 1996; Otaga et al., 1972). This
>sugar possesses the physiological ability to cause inhibition of insulin
>secretion in humans, thereby producing "instant diabetes" (Simon and Kracier,
>1966). It is improbable that blood sugar levels in a normal person would
>be affected by average consumption; however, diabetics should consume
>avocado cautiously (Bergh, 1992)."
>I hope you find the above as interesting as I did! (It makes one think
>twice about avocados - a fruit that many raw vegans are addicted to. If
>you don't believe me that they are addictive, I invite you to give them
>up and find out first hand, whether you are addicted or not.)

Hi Tom,
Good info. I have experimented with raw Coleman's beef the last few months
and find I have lost my interest in the avos. Yes, had to have them every
day, did not have a variety in my diet. I find that after reading the posts
of this group and reading the bloodtype book and feeling my diet was
missing something...eating the raw beef has brought many things together.
I feel I want to eat alot more than I do and I hold back. Plan to give in
to that desire. I feel stronger. My edema is less. I'm one day at a time
with it. And it's very satisfying too texture and taste. Don't like the fat
and feel that I have cycled through all the nuts, avos, seeds and olive oil
and my body does not need/want as much fat. I find the more I give into raw
meat the more other aspects of my diet come together. I still enjoy fruits
and greens and seeds.
Been quiet on this group. Trying to stay on top of my listserv.

Regards,
Sheila Shea
http://www.sheilas.com