RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 20:00:58 -0500
Stefan:
>Well this answer is symptomatic for the state of this list. No
>real discussions any longer. Only pointers to the archives and to
>websites even if new arguments are switched in.
>It seems that all is said (and hopefully done) about raw foods.

I think there is some truth to that.  I think one reason is that there
is only so much one can say about food preparation - or lack of. :)
Also, I think that the importance of "raw" is somewhat overestimated -
a conclusion that everybody but the most "enthusiastic" raw fooders
seem to eventually arrive at.  Furthermore, the almost complete lack
of vision, integrity and leadership in the raw food community has been
very demoralizing.  Carl Phillips' sentiments about the vegetarian
movement apply to the raw food community to an even larger degree in
my
opinion.

>Also I am missing the enthusiasm that I found when I subscribed
>(I still have it).

I take it that your enthusiasm is less about eating raw and more about
getting yourself in and maintaining good health.  As you well know
ongoing pre-occupation with certain ways of preparing and selecting
foods can be quite unhealthful and border on obsessive/compulsive
behavior. ;-)

>Speaking for me, my situation is similar to that of Ward Nicholson
>some years ago. My nutrition is on auto-pilot so to say and there
>are few things to improve. It is stable, very satisfying and can
>be practiced forever, at least for the next decades (if one is
>a sceptical mind).

>From what you write here, it would seem that even you might have
>run out of topics to discuss. ;-)

>I learned a lot by reading this list and were able to improve my
>written English. I want to say thank you to all engaged writers
>who spoiled me with lots of good information and tips.

Thanks for all your many valuable contributions and good efforts over
the years and last but not least your great sense of humor. :)

>Bye bye and have a good raw time,
>Stefan

Happy trails to you as well. :)

Best, Peter