RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 12 May 97 15:23:25 -0000
>Zephyr:
>>"I guess" is probably a good phrase here.  By weight most of the meat
>>I've eaten has been Hawaiian tuna, which is instincto quality.  The cow
>>I've eaten in Hawaii gives stops, and are conversation with the slaughter
>
>Make sure that your tuna has not been frozen. This is done with these big
>fishes mostly on the ship that gets them. You won't ever hear of that
>practice nor does your dealer know.
>My local dealer swears that his tuna isn't frozen and   i t    i s !!!

The fish comes straight off the fishing boats and goes to auction and
then is put out as whole fish in local stores.  They would have nothing
to gain and much to lose in freezing the fish as their custormers are
Asians and Polinesians and a few raw fooders than know fish and eat it
raw.

>And my local meat dealer sells meat of Ireland from animals guaranteed to
>live on pasture their whole life. But he doesn't guarantee that they are
>not fed and that's the week point. Indeed his meat is not ok.
>
>Zephyr:
>>...The cow
>>I've eaten in Hawaii gives stops, and are conversation with the slaughter
>>house has confirmed that the cows are free ranging, unmedicated, and not
>..
>>In SB, I've mainly eaten beef.  The beef is certified organic, is free
>>ranging until the end of its life where it is fed uncooked organic
>>vegetables.  I guess this breaks rule #3 (see below).  Those have been my
>
>Sounds good so far but I have learned to distrust certifications and
>infor-
>mation about feeding.

California Organic certification is pretty good.  And this ranch sells
only to one store, this store in Santa Barbara and they pride themselves
on being organic.  I trust this ranch because of it's size and
relationship with this very good health food store.

I think, in general, you are translating your European concerns about
food quality and markets to America and at least in my experience not all
of what you say translates accurately, though I appreciate much of what
you express.

>Feeding with instinctive quality vegetables doesn't break rule no. 3.

Good.

>Zephyr:
>>Yes, but again inaccurate.  The mongoose hunt during the day, the rats
>>are out at night, they don't cross each others paths, or very minimally.

>If the mongoose were brought to Hawaii to catch the rats there ways must
>meet.

No.  The people who brought them didn't do their research, they blew it
and brought in an innapropriate animal into the ecosystem.

>Zephyr:
>>What?  Waste!@#$%^  What is waste?  An "overripe" avo, a half eaten
>>banana, the skin of a mamay, underripe jackfruit, undesired hard meat
>>coconut.  Commercial ag treatments?  At Pangaia, on Papaya Farms Rd.
>
>Waste is junk-food thrown into nature by human beings, all synthetical and
>chemical substances. Are there no cooked eaters on Hawaii?
>I read that bears in Canada lost their teeth because they found out how
>to access the waste-baskets of the farmers. (and they ate a lot of the
>contents, coming back as often as possible.)
>Canada made a law that forces farmers to install lockable baskets.
>
>Also consider that animals are able to overcome long distances. I am sure
>that Pangaia will not give them access to waste but other places will.

Yeah, I get your point, but still Pangaia is surrounedby by wilderness,
one organic farm, and one spiritual retreat center.  The other places
cook so I guess the mongoose travel that far.

Bye, Zephyr