RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 02:11:50 EDT
As a newcomer to e-mail, I accidentally deleted some letters from
yesterday that may have been addressed to me.  If you want an answer,
you'll have to re-ask.

I do recall that Eric Lambert (I think) asked me whether I fail to snack
at night due to "sheer discipline."  Sometimes it requires discipline,
like tonight.  I only ate once today and it wasn't a big meal, and I'm
"hungry" right now.  But I'm doing this e-mail instead, and I'm going to
go to bed when I'm done.  Usually though, I'm not hungry at night, so
it's not really a problem most of the time.  I have no problem falling
asleep with an empty stomach, and I sleep better too.  No waking up in
the middle of the night to go pee-pee.

I think the stomach gets trained to bug you at certain times each day.
If you are used to eating at night, then you'll want food at that time.
But it's just a habit; if you decide to change, the physiological
reactions will change after a few days of "discipline."  After that, it
just becomes a psychological problem.  So who's in charge here, anyway
--- you or your body?