RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 09:16:47 -0700
***Begin part 3

        I talk of these experiences as golden for in a sense I have been followed
 by the golden aspect all of my life. I was born near a gold mine in the
 city of Johannesburg and lived for the first 27 years of my life within
 miles of the goldmines. In my youth spent hours climbing the yellow gold
 mine dumps that goldmining man-made from the sand and rock extracted from
 the bowels of the earth. Within two miles there were three dumps that one
 could climb - one was made of rock, the other of sand and the third of
 yellowish clay. The dam in the nearby vicinity - the Wemmer Pan - was
 tainted with cyanide used in the extraction of gold. Incidentally, the city
 of Johannesburg which is almost 5000 feet above sea level is often referred
 to as the city of gold although its streets are certainly not paved with
 this commodity.

        11. In 1964 I was living on a 12 acre small holding in the country and the
 water we drunk came from a rain water tank. One day I decided to live only
 on rain water for a few days. I must have drunk at least 15 glasses of
 water during the course of a day. After a few days a suppurating wound
 opened on my left arm at the very spot that the needle was inserted when I
 donated blood. For an entire week the arm was swollen and suppurated, and
 what oozed out smelt of wheaten products - during my youth I was a big
 eater of cakes, biscuits and starchy foods. The swelling was almost down
 when a bee stung me on my right hand. Now suppuration oozed out of this
 wound for over a week. Osmotic pressure as explained in Healing by Water
 was the cause of the suppuration - a light fluid passing through a membrane
 has the necessary pressure to displace through the skin the heavier fluids
 that are present on the other side of the membrane. Instead of drinking
 less water, I drunk more to increase the internal pressure at no time did I
 use any suppressive means to stop the suppuration. My understanding was
 that it would cease on its own account the moment most of the unwanted
 matter was washed out of the system.
        12. Misguided as we are we forget about the wonders of the elements -
 light, sunshine, fresh air and water. At one time I had many warts on my
 hands, and without knowing why I decided to have three cold showers a day.
 After continuing in the vein for over a month I was suprised to find that
 they had disappeared. There was one large wart on the inside of one of the
 fingers that remained until months later I decided to increase the amount
 of water that I was drinking. And after a few days I noticed that it was
 starting to shrink and a few weeks later it had disappeared. There is no
 doubt in my mind now that if I had sunbaths during the same period that I
 was showering, the warts would have disappeared earlier.
        13. Another incident which also proved the therapeutical value of water
 concerned my wife. While on a visit to California about 12 years ago, my
 wife experienced such severe back pain that she could not get in and out of
 the bath or into the bed without help. My daughter took her to a
 chiropractor who did some massaging and prescribed vitamin c tablets. All
 this treatment did not help. A day or two later, I told my wife to drink
 five glasses of warm water in the morning, five glasses at midday and
 another five glasses in the evening. At every session after drinking the
 water she became nauseous and vomited. However she was delightfully
 suprised to find that night that the pain had disappeared and she no longer
 had any trouble going in and out of the bath or bed. That severe backache
 was never experienced again.
        14. During the course of serious running I must have run over 60 marathons
 which included running the 55 mile Comrades Marathon 12 times. On a number
 of occasions I suffered from severe stomach cramps almost from the start
 which made it difficult to run continuously without stopping. In order to
 complete the run in the allotted time of 11 hours, I decided to use the
 interval training running method where I would sprint for a few hundred
 yards, then walk for a mile or so. It was of course not the way to run the
 best part of 55 miles in this fashion or any marathon for that manner. The
 secret of running any marathon is to find a comfortable pace that you can
 maintain for the entire run without ever stopping to walk. When you can do
 this your time will be well under the eleven hour mark. My best time in
 1986 was 7 hours and 55 minutes and my worst is 10 hours and 23 minutes.
 For better times one has to train right and it involves much more than
 diet. Increasing one's distance gradually is similar to the winding up of a
 clock and when the body is correctly wound up in this manner, running
 becomes so much more pleasurable.
        15. After reading Gayelord Hauser's "Diet Does It" in 1951, I started using
 his four wonder foods - brewers yeast, wheat germ, molasses, and yoghurt.
 The bottle of molasses had a label which read "not fit for human
 consumption"; and every time I brought a bottle home my father would throw
 it out. He called it toilet; but every time I would bring in another bottle
 with the eventual outcome he gave up. As a result of my persistence he told
 me that I had a head as hard as concrete.
        To use these super foods in the most convenient way I concocted a breakfast
 dish consisting of wheat germ, brewers yeast, yoghurt, molasses, some
 coconut, raisins and dates. Perhaps this dish was too concentrated so early
 in the morning or I was using too much brewers yeast, because a few weeks
 later I was getting neuralgia down the right side of my face. But without
 connecting this concoction to the neuralgia, I persisted eating it,
 thinking all the time that it was caused by some deficiency; and that it
 must disappear with all the vitamins and health foods I was eating. For a
 year I tolerated this nagging pain and I only had relief when I went on
 vacation where for three weeks I no longer had this breakfast. Still I did
 not connect those foods to the pain, thinking that it must be the sea air,
 bathing in the ocean and the sunshine that was responsible for its
 disappearance. On my return the pain returned as soon as I continued eating
 it. At this time I began cycling to work four miles away and on my arrival
 still felt bloated and fatigued. Eventaully, I stopped buying these health
 foods and eating this breakfast with the consequence, the neuralgia
 disappeared. Later I read that brewers yeast is very acid forming: it was
 only then that I could make the connection.
        (16) When I was nineteen or so, every morning I would throughly massage my
 hair. My mother would ask me why I was doing it and my response was to
 bring the natural oils out. Thereafter she called me "Morris Nature".
        (17) At the age of seventeen, my last year in high school, the English
 teacher told me that my English was so bad that it could be likened to an
 orange or apple that looked perfect on the outside but was rotten to the
 core, in the inside. Contrasting this my Afrikaans teacher mentioned that
 my I.Q. was so high, I should pass matric without any difficulty. As it
 happened I barely scapped through. He did not mention to any of the other
 pupils about their I.Q.'s. Later when I started working, one co-worker when
 he learnt that my nickname was "Makey", said that with such a nickname it
 would act as a leavening agent to unearth some new discovery or valuable
 information. "Making the Key", he said was necessary to unlock the secrets.
 I did not know what he was talking about and had forgotten this incident
 until I started composing these notes.
        (18) Once during a playbreak amongst the oak trees at a primary school, I
 do not know whether I was eleven or twelve years old, an inner voice seemed
 to tell me that I would do great things. I have never mentioned this to any
 person, thinking that possibly I would be considered insane if I uttered
 it.
        To summarize all these notes, one must know the meaning of the following
 magic words and phrases. Once one is conversant with them, it will become
 clear why mankind has not come of age, and why the last stumbling block or
 frontier that he must cross is the erasing of misconceptions regarding the
 naming of symptoms, seeking cures, and blaming illness on germs, viruses,
 bacteria and some other unforseen entity. These are the magic words or
 phrases.
        (a) Health is the balance between assimilation and elimination.
        (b) Not everything eaten turns to blood, tissue or bone.
        (c) The toxins and unwanted residues from the air, water and food that
 cannot be readily eliminated only feed our illnesses and symptoms, and as
 we become older it spreads throughout the body affecting more and more
 parts of the body.
        (d) Unwanted substances being foreign to the needs of the body ferment and
 putrefy, and it is these harmful exudates that affect our well being.
        (e) Louis Kuhne explains it in his book New Science of Healing, the
 distressing effects fermentation has on the body, and why animals when ill
 or injured do not eat because even their natural raw food undergoes
 fermentation in the digestive process and so interferes with free and easy
 healing. I deal with this on page 138 of Fruit the Food & Medicine for Man,
 but made an error when I wrote that fruit, nuts and vegetables do not
 ferment. After re-reading the relevant section in Kuhne's book, he says
 that fruit etc., does not ferment to the same extent as cooked and animal
 foods.
        (f) Peristalsis is the natural contraction that occurs after eating or
 drinking throughout the digestive system from the gullet to the anus. It
 operates more efficiently after one has rested from food in particular for
 five or more hours. It is for this reason we should not eat too often, even
 if they are only small snacks. The body only produces a limited amount of
 digestive juices during a day. Large amounts of water on an empty stomach
 such as first thing in the morning will increase peristalsis and result in
 a bowel movement.
        (g) Osmosis means that when a light water is drunk it has the power or
 force as it passes through a membrane such as the stomach and intestinal
 walls to displace the heavier fluids especially if impregnated with salt
 and other heavy minerals through the skin as boils and suppurations. In the
 ancient sun-healing temples they used to weight the water to obtain the
 lightest running river water.
        (h) Ileo-caecal valve has the magical function of not allowing liquids to
 pass from the small intestine into the colon. Hence if we drink one glass
 of liquid or twenty it still has to be absorbed into the bloodstream via
 the villi and so has a cleansing and refreshing effect on the bloodstream
 and brain. This valve allows solids to pass through and not liquids. If,
 however, it allowed liquids to readily pass through, we would have to
 contend with perpetual diarrhoea.
        (i) Yoga asanas or simple slowly executed stretching actions that involve
 every joint and muscle of the body relaxes and energizes the body by
 assisting blood circulation and the heightened flow of nerve impulses.
        (j) Yoga inverted poses such as the headstand, and shoulder stand, works
 with gravity; and in addition to resting the heart and oxygenating the
 bloodstream, it enables all the abdominal organs to revert to their normal
 positions. It assists in cleansing the lungs, bronchials, nasal passages
 and sinuses. It shows that the ancient yogis were endowed with real genius
 to devise this system and reveal how their knowledge of the body is
 superior to modern man. ONCE YOU CAN STAND COMFORTABLY ON YOUR HEAD FOR
 FIFTEEN OR MORE MINUTES YOU WILL APPRECIATE WHY IT IS REFERRED TO AS THE
 KING OF ASANAS. Nothing relaxes or makes us feel so good as this inverted
 pose as it releases pressure on the neck and spinal column (the tree of
 life).
        (k) They found to control the life energy and thought processes, one had to
 still the breathing faculties or reduce the bodies need for oxygen. They
 achieved this through meditation and their system of breathing. They learnt
 by controlling the breath they could control the mind; and by controlling
 the mind they could control the breath. In time they could stop the action
 of the heart and lungs and go into hibernation or trance, and also awaken
 certain dormant faculties of the body.
        (l) They realized that it was necessary to go beyond the food question by
 eating sparingly when actual hunger is present. The overeating of even
 fruit can surcharge the system with food essence and so hinder the goal
 they are seeking the mastery over mind and breath.
        (m) The non-food element, fresh air, plain water, rest and light (sunshine
 are the true healers and this is why books which over-emphazise that
 healing comes through food are misleading. Natural food appears to do the
 trick, only because it is less stressful and taxing to the body and does
 not leave the harmful byproducts that civilized eating produces.
        (n) Fasting or abstaing from solid foods for an extended period rests the
 entire body, and frees it from the products of fermentation and
 putrefaction. It enables the body to intelligently carry on the
 adminstration of our inner mechanism without our continual interference.
 Light water should be drunk copiously during such abstinence, even if at
 the beginning it results in withdrawl symptoms such as headaches, pains in
 joints and muscles, heartburn, indigestion, constipation and fatigue. If we
 persist with the fast, these distressing symptoms soon pass as in the words
 of the father of nature cure, Vincent Priessnitz said, "Water cures the
 mischief that water does, go on drinking."
        The words in one line:
        Assimilation, elimination, non-transformed food, peristalsis, osmosis,
 ileo-cacael valve, beyond food, meditation, stretching, breath and mind
 control, fasting, no-name symptom and no-name cure, organic gardening,
 conservation, and using the sun, air and water for the energy to run new
 age technology. Knowing the full meaning of these words is a life long task
 that has nothing to do with book learning and technology.
        Classical books that reveal these truths.
        1. Heaven Lies Within Us (Yoga Gave Me Superior Health.)
        2. Healing by Water (water healing through the ages)- T. Hartley Hennessy
        3. Doctors Disease and Health by Cyril Scott.
        4. Why Grow Old by Tony Officer.

        All the above was mostly written when I was in California but completed in
 South Africa, but to end it I must add the revelation which I had on the
 train from Reading to Totnes - truly a moment of golden consciousnes.

        On the train I had the time to review my experiences in California. Never
 before had I eaten so much organic good fruit. With all this fruit and
 plenty carrot juice I should have sprouted wings and a psychic would have
 seen a halo on my head as a sign I had been annointed. I also drunk plenty
 of distilled water, carrot juice, orange juice and ginger juice; and had
 sun baths. However I was disappointed to note that certain cuts and wounds
 were not only not healing but getting worse. Where was I going wrong
 especially when all these years I believed that fruit was not only our food
 but a medicine as well, although I do mention and imply that fruit is not a
 magical substance in my book with this title. Then on the train journey it
 dawned on me that I had over-eaten on this delectable food. You name it I
 ate it. Figs, apples, oranges, peaches, plums, apricots, grapes, dates,
 raisins, watermelon, sweet melon and a variety of nuts - mostly almonds and
 pistachios. Also ate salads.
        After reviewing the situation I decided while in Totnes and Devon I would
 live mostly on water and not worry much about the food question. On one
 occasion went to a vegetarian restaurant in Totnes with my wife but only
 had a small plate of steamed vegetables. Felt more hungry after had eaten
 than when I went in. On the whole I did not eat much or too often, and yet
 I noticed an improvement in some of my cuts and condition of my hair. In
 California, my hair was coarse and sticking up on end, but now it became
 more glossy and manageable.
        These experiences reminded me what the yogis say - too much food essence
 causes the breath to become vigorous and the mind restless, and also
 prevents the practitioner from practising pranayama - control of the breath
 - successfully or for one to experiencing bliss or ananda.
        It also made me think what macrobiotics teach. They say that fruit is too
 yin and that the overconsumption of it could lead to skin problems whereas
 the overconsumption of animal foods that are yang can lead to internal
 problems. In the one article it mentioned how someome cured himself of a
 skin ailment that refused to heal on fruit and raw foods by living on
 cooked food. This statement mystified me for years and was contrary to what
 advanced health teachers taught. The only possible reason for his cure is
 that the fruit had too much food value so thereby hindering the healing
 process, whereas the cooked food had so much less real food essence that
 one was virtually on a camouflaged fast. It also made me remember what
 Theresa Mitchell wrote in Roads to Health and Healing - that the
 overconsumption of fruit can result in acids to accumulating in the body.
 This does not detract from the fact raw food in the long term is more
 beneficial.
        In 1957 while I was still living in Johannesburg I remember after living on
 a bottle of honey a day for a week or more, my nails started disintegrating
 but improved when I replaced the honey with peanut butter. It may not be
 that there was anything in the peanut butter that stopped this condition
 but I had removed the cause of the problem - too much honey with its high
 sugar content. Here again too much of a good thing even though the sugar in
 honey, dates and raisins is natural it does not mean that we can overeat on
 them. It is for this reason that philosophers seeking for an answer to life
 state or imply that truth is relative as all depends how something is used
 in relation to something else.

Morris Krock

Essence of Health is the Essence of Life

P.O.Box 1129
Wandsbeck
3631
South Africa

Phone +27 31 864521
Fax   +27 31 2670600
--=====================_875014929==_--

                The Essence of Health is the Essence of Life

        Life's Most Important and Inspired Teachings Reveals the
        Greatest Health Discovery of All Time in its Simplest and Clearest
Form.

        "To rise to great heights; to rise when the tide is against you; to rise above and beyond
those things which are a constant thorn in your side; to rise from the lowly plains to the
predominating mountains which surround us and which seem so far to reach; to rise from the seemingly
ridiculous to the sublime requires attunement to universal principles, courage and perseverance."

        The foundation of Essence of Health publishing was laid between 1951 and 1957 when research
into Nature Cure, Hatha Yoga and a variety of other subjects relating to natural principles was
made.
        At the outset Morris Krok realized that the ancient yogis cracked the secret code of health
long before Western civilization reared its head. By understanding how the body's basic assimilation
and excretion functions can be obstructed by the residues from wrong foods saturating the membranes
and tissues with toxic and unwanted substances thus hindering the finer workings of the organs, Yoga
worked out the need to cleanse the main apertures and hollow organs for a higher state of health.
This is the long sought after secret for prolonging youthfulness.
        Those who observe this simple principle will realize that they are in attune with Life's
Most Important Teachings and are using the Greatest Health Discovery of All Time.
        Nature Cure during the past two hundred years discovered, independently of Yoga, the same
eternal truth. This proves that something proven does not change with the passing of time. Because
mankind, even today with all its technological advances, does not understand this simple truth they
are still grovelling in the darkness of misconception and superstition. If they used this key
principle they would have no faith in drugs, immunization schemes or believe that viruses germs and
bacteria are our enemies.
        Morris Krok in researching this material was inspired by the "Science of Breath" by Yogi
Ramacharaka; "Everybody's Guide to Nature Cure" by Harry Benjamin; Florence Shinn's "Game of Life";
Theos Bernard's "Heaven Lies Within Us" and "Hatha Yoga"; Tony Officer's "Why Grow Old"; Cyril
Scott's "Doctors Disease and Health; and T Hartley-Hennessy's "Healing by Water". "Game of Life"
teaches the laws of non-suppression or non-resistance (principles of substitution), cause and effect
and using the subconscious to solve problems and be in attunement with universal wisdom and life's
logic. "Heaven Lies Within Us" discloses life's and Yoga's secrets of which the most significant is
the need to be internally clean to the very nadis (nerves), and how the author used these secrets to
achieve higher health after being very ill as a young man.
        Since the age of 19 Morris Krok has used no medicine and very little before that time. His
six children were never immunised or given medicine because the simple act of missing meals and
replacing food with water or juices at the onset of the slightest symptom worked miracles in
preventing fevers and erasing aches and pains. It is that simple.

        Morris Krok's saying:
                BODY AND HEALTH.
        "Cleanse the stomach so that the purified mind can be forever inspired."
        "Miracles are wrought on an empty stomach."
        "Good habits last a lifetime, bad habits are shortlived, you won't live long enough to enjoy
them."
        "He who loves his stomach does not love his life."
        "The greatest or most important health step that one can take is to put the body into an
extended and deep elimination mode - to eliminate everything that is unwanted and obstructing the
functions of the body."
        "The body must be cleansed from the filth of civilized food so that the flow of innovation
and inspiration is not impeded."
        "Man is suffocating, suffering and sinking, in a swampy sea of saturating, silting, sticky,
slippery, sloppy slicks of sludgy slime."
        "Eyes must sparkle with the laughter of inner cleansing."
        "More murders are enacted in the kitchen than anywhere else."
        "In ten minutes you can eat so badly that you will become an invalid for a week."
                THINKING AND MIND.
        "To learn the truth listen to the sermon and song of an old and trusty preacher - nature. It
is everything that is logical, simple, effective, intelligent and powerful; but it will not be
denied by man-made philosophies, religions, commercialism and laboratory produced substances".
        "A wise man learns from the mistakes of others; a fool doesn't even learn from his own."
        "Truth comes in small segments to one who is attuned."
        "You must know what is in the market place, to be able to add to it."
        "After gathering all the relevant information, thinking is waiting for the subconscious to
weave its unique brand of magic by flashing solutions unexpectedly on the mind."

        "When the shackles of superstition and obsolete beliefs are removed, outwardly you will be
silent, but within your master will speak to you in the voice of a roaring rapid and resounding
waterfall."
        "Nothing is more detrimental to man's advancement and well-being than an untruth which is
given authoritative approval."
        "We shall continually chant so that we and our children shall never forget that we are sons
of the morning, children of the light."
        "Knowledge is light but knowledge from light is most revealing of all."
        "And the enlightened mind is the perfect alchemist. It will distil and transmute all the
sciences, philosophies, languages, religions and arts into the pure speech of the silent truth. He
will be able to say in one sentence what the unelightened cannot say in volumes with all the
libraries and technology at their disposal."

        PUBLICATIONS:

        HATHA YOGA in its MOODS MULTIVARIOUS....Morris Krok
        This first book by the author was to synchronise nature cure with yoga and investigate the
diet question. In other words finding common ground between the East and West.  (1958) OUT OF PRINT

        CONQUEST of DISEASE.....Morris Krok
        Deals with the purifying effect of raw foods and especially juicy fruits. Analyses what our
natural food is from the physiological angle.  (1961) OUT OF PRINT.

        DIET HEALTH and LIVING on AIR....Morris Krok
        First edition written in 1959, deals with the laws of naturalism, principles of nature cure,
conservation, aspects of breathing and some yogic principles regarding the possibility of living on
air. STILL IN PRINT

        FORMULA for LONG LIFE......Morris Krok
        First published in 1962, explains the nature cure approach to health, the meaning of the
common cold, morning sickness and the important truth it reveals. Deals also with raw foods, mucous
forming foods and fasting.
ENQUIRE IF STILL AVAILABLE.

        GOLDEN PATH to REJUVENATION......Morris Krok
        Written in 1964 after experiencing how the osmotic pressure of light water (rain water)
forced out large amounts of smelly starchy and other unwanted substances through boils on the skin.
The use of large amounts of water to purify the membranes and tissues of the body only works when
one lives at the same time on non-mucous, non-toxic and non-allergy forming substances for an
extended period of time. STILL IN PRINT.

        KINDRED SOUL....Morris Krok
        This book which could be more aptly titled "Kinship with Life" contains the condensed
writings of the author. The purpose of this work is to show that in order to enhance our life we
must work in harmony with the intelligence around us. Written in classical prose, each sentence is
impregnated with the truths which will inspire you to apply these teachings and seek further along
the path. Man is the product of his thoughts and only by keeping uplifting ideas uppermost in the
mind will he continue to attract what is ennobling. All of Morris Krok's writings are the result of
profound affirmations on which he has meditated for many years. Intuitively tapping the subconscious
has been an important aspect of his writing.  (1968) STILL IN PRINT.

        DIARY of a HEALTH and TRUTH SEEKER ......Morris Krok
        In addition to the author's own experience regarding Yoga and his initiation into the art of
natural living, he has also included his crusade against the false health systems taught today.
Passages from the book will be a constant companion as it gives encouragement and inspiration in
times of doubt. He concedes that man reaches his greatest fulfilment when he discovers truth for
himself. STILL AVAILABLE.

        HATHA YOGA - VIBRANT SCIENCE of LIFE.....Morris Krok
        The yogis through painstaking research developed the most comprehensive and advanced system
known to man. It has been tested and proven for thousands of years, and anyone who takes the trouble
will be able to experience the benefits from the cleansing practices, the postures and the breathing
exercises that together comprise this science.
        As they left no stone unturned, there are exercises for the anus, abdomen, spine, joints,
muscles, heart and lungs. They also devised reverse body exercises to counteract the effects of
gravity on the body.
        Yoga done correctly keeps the body youthful and supple; slows down the heart beat and
quietens the breath.
        Without equipment and with the minimum of effort one derives the greatest amount of benefit.
WRITE IF AVAILABE.

        AMAZING NEW HEALTH SYSTEM - Inner Clean Way....Morris Krok
        Cleanse-Lean, a unique method of daily cleansing the system and toning it, which if combined
with the no-breakfast plan can give you a slim and youthful body, and an ebullient personality that
bubbles up from an inside so clean that every movement made and breath taken refreshingly inspires.
It is not only a switch that will enable you to overcome your addictions but shows in a variety of
ways how to cleanse the system and institute a new lifestyle.  In fact its potential is so unlimited
that many more books will have to be written to give you a thorough insight of its full application.
For one thing, it will enable you to apply life's health secrets.  (1978) WRITE IF AVAILABE.

        HEALTH TRUTHS ETERNAL
        This booklet deals with the drug fiasco and the crusade against its use; revealing headlines
from the press; unusual fruits from South America; quotations from Formula for Long Life and Fruit
the Food and Medicine for Man; and a poem "Monkeys at Summit Meeting".  (1964) STILL AVAILABLE.

        PATHWAY to TRUTH
        Man's relation to reality; meditation; wonders of wonders; cause of manifestations; study of
Genesis; and inner world; are some of the topics contained in this booklet.  (1974) STILL AVAILABLE.

Books by Other Authors

        BECHAMP and PASTEUR - E Douglas Hume
        This book which relates the truth about the germ theory shows that the true genius of the
nineteenth century was Professor Antoine Bechamp and not Louis Pasteur as is commonly believed. What
he taught about bacteria and their functions is in total disagreement with what modern medicine
teaches today. Bechamp showed that microzymes (the smallest unit of life) remained normal under
congenial conditions but developed into bacteria and parasites when putrefying or fermenting
material was present for it to consume or decompose.

        GARDENING WITHOUT DIGGING - A Guest
        The basis of good health ultimately depends on eating foods which are grown correctly and
which are suitable for our physiological structure. This work shows that crops grown by the
non-digging method is based on the way nature grows in profusion without the aid of a spade or
artificial fertilizers. The success of this method is to feed the earthworms with compost and humus.
The earthworms not only aerate and soften the soil but also produce the finest food for plant life.

        SUNFOOD WAY to HEALTH - Dugald Semple
        The author who has been a vegetarian and diet reformer for over half a century shows the
importance of raw foods in man's diet. The nutritional value of fruit and vegetables is discussed as
well as the relationship which positive thinking has on longevity and rejuvenation. A valuable
aspect, not usually considered in most diet books, is how climate determines the type of food we
should eat. Recipes and food preparation has been included to make this book as practical as
possible.

        YOGA GAVE ME SUPERIOR HEALTH - Theos Bernard
        Previously published as "Heaven Lies Within", this book is based on the author's experiences
both in the USA and India. It shows that the yoga techniques of internal cleansing, stretching and
breathing exercises, and the positive use of the mind and its inner teachings, is the proven way to
a superior state of well-being.
        Prior to his initiation into this science as a young university student he became severely
ill with a rheumatic heart ailment - the doctors, in fact, did not give him long to live. From the
illustrations in this book, it will be seen how he overcame all his health problems and the advanced
state of health he achieved.
        "Infinite energy is at the disposal of any man if he knows how to get it. And this is part
of the science of yoga."
        Reading this book will enable you to enrich your life with a science which has been tested
and re-tested for thousands of years, and stripped of all non-essentials, jargon and gimmicks.
        The yoga that Theos Bernard teaches is the rolls royce of health systems.

        For other publications and out of print books contact Essence of Health direct e-mail: -

        "Where shall I find the good and the bad? Externals are not in my power; within are the
things which are my own. Will is my power."
        Source unknown but attributed to a Grecian slave.

Morris Krock

Essence of Health is the Essence of Life

P.O.Box 1129
Wandsbeck
3631
South Africa

Phone +27 31 864521
Fax   +27 31 2670600

Note by Tom Billings:

Those in the U.S. can order the books by Morris Krok from his daughter,
contact:

Susan Krok
21 Coquito Ct.
Portola Valey, CA 94028

I suggest using her instead of alternate suppliers, as his family here
will benefit.