RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
AARONLIFE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 1998 14:32:05 EDT

<< First let me introduce myself a little bit.
 My name is Jeff Ross, and I've been a raw-foodist for more than 28
 years, alyhough I just started using the internet. I just came back from
 a long trip in south east asia. >>

Jeff,

It doesn't sound like your raw diet has developed you very much
psychologically, unless you're just angry and reacting right now.  I hope
you stick around and share your history, because in your initial post you offer
no help, and no suggestions, and just call people scum.  I agree with you, I
think bread is addictive, though I think people used it for nutritional
reasons.  I think Fred's writing reflects his awareness of how all the
cooked food addiction in the world DOES cause people to become imbalanced.  It
does. It does make people sick.  Some people handle it better than others, and
some people are more sane.  In the past, cooked food was NOTHING like cooked food
today.  Fred will no doubt evolve and gain perspective as time goes on, or
perhaps not.  Either way, why don't you say, I'm Jeff and I've been
enormously successful on my raw diet for 28 years. I have honestly eaten ONLY...X...
and I feel great.  This is how I did it.  You guys, if you are still eating
cooked food, simply didn't do XYZ.  If you had, your body would have gotten the
nutrition it needed and you wouldn not have craved cooked food.

I don't eat cooked food, but I do eat more than just a few pieces of fruit a
day.

I wouldn't eat cooked food unless my LIFE absolutely depended on it.  It
throws my system out of balance.  I know people that eat cooked food are
quite sane and healthy.  The animal kingdom is full of jealousy, envy, etc.
Threre's more to this story than JUST cooked food is evil, though, I do have
a strong feeling cooked food may have produced the 'fall', because that's how
I experience it in my body.  Nevertheless, there are some pretty enlightened
people that eat cooked food...

So, please share with us your story, if you will, so that people on this
list might learn from what you've learned.  BASHING people that are having
trouble feeding themselves properly on a raw diet is not mature behavior.  One would
think a 28 year raw foodist would be a little mature by then, right?

aaron