RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 20:27:36 -0500
Hi Wes,

Jean-Louis:
> I go to the restaurant about once a week now. Social life is
> > important too, and there is no raw restaurant here.

Wes:
> Yes, but we don't have to have food in order to socialize... Or you >can
> eat raw foods at the restaurant.

You are right about not having to have food to socialize - but there are
some situations where the greater, wiser, thing to do is to sit down
with the people and eat for the most part, with them, like they are
eating. You will find that it is smarter to take this perspective
sometimes, both for your own good health and peace of mind, and also if
your goal is to "win friends and influence people", particularly if you
want to influence them in the area of their diet.

And anyway, it's always better to have a flexible attitude towards your
diet, rather than a rigid unbending one (like "ALWAYS RAW NO MATTER
WHAT" or any other rigid dogma).

Love, Liza

[log in to unmask] (Liza May)