RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Denis PEYRAT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:38:29 +0100 (GMT)
There seems to be some good chat -and interesting chaps- around here,
including a few people conversant with instinctive nutrition and the like.
I've been reading your notes for the last couple of days to get a feel of
your melody. Will you allow me to pop my head thru the doorway and send you
some  "Nouvelles fraiches de Paris".

I have this  newspaper article, freshly cut  from last week's  local daily.
I figured  some of you could be interested in sharing the information
contained therein. Especially those of you who know a bit about what's going
on in France in the manner of  raw food  and raw diets  ... The title of the
article reads as follows : "GCB's son appears in Court for sexual assault on
13 year old boy...State prosecutor requires 10 months of jail...Meanwhile
another preliminary investigation is being opened at Montramé against X
...." The rest of the story has a taste of deja vu, even for those
unfamiliar with the  "news in brief" of the popular press...

Can I try a little fable to illustrate the above sad story  ?

A Hedgehox and his kin folk  once decided to climb down from their  swiss
mountain and live in the valley of the Foxes.  For years the Hedgehox and
his kins  played  the fool with the Foxes' Law, refusing to abide by their
moral standards. One day the  Foxes resolved they had had enough with the
Hedgehox's arrogance. They put their ermines on and sat in conclave to hear
each others' proposal on the best legal way  to get rid of this nuisance .
Said the first one :  "This  thorny beast  has eaten away all the salads
from my backyard. He also urinated on my strawberries and defecated on my
leeks. Somebody's got to stop him. Now. " Said the second one "We have sent
the  police to their  den, but to no avail. When they sense any  form of
Authority behind them, they instinctively arch their backs and throw out
their thorns...". "Well..."said a third one "it seems we have no other
choice than sending a foxy spy of ours. Cut his tail, dress him up  as a
hedgehox , and under the cover of his disguise,  he will report to us on
their most unlawful practices ..."
The lure was crude but for all its crudeness, it worked wonders. When the
hedgehoxes finally realized  a disguised  non-kin had escaped their
attention, it was already too late for them...
"THE FOX KNOWS MANY THINGS BUT THE HEDGEHOX KNOWS ONE BIG THING" said the
greek poet Archilocus. Well it seems  in certain circumstances, even this
"one big thing" is useless for the arrogant, narcissistic hedgehox.

Denis