RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 23:22:04 -0500
NFL:
>Then our book would be just another boring raw-foods book -- just more of
>the same dross.  How do you "pleasantly" tell someone that they are
>killing their children?  We did something totally different from other raw-foods
>authors.  If you want to get somebody's attention, you can't just tap them
>on the shoulder anymore.  You have to hit them with a sledge-hammer.  Have
>you ever heard the definition of insanity?  "Doing the same thing over and
>over and expecting a different result."  You don't like the book -- that's
>cool.  But alot of people do, and we have been told, hundreds of times:
>"It's about time someone wrote a book like this."  You're more of the
>quiet-approach-type raw-foodist, I'm not.

Maybe you can't just tap them on the shoulder, but I bet some people can.

I want to officially recant my skepticism about your book.  If there is an
audience that is positively responding to your communication than that is
wonderful.  The point is not the package of the message, but getting the
message across to someone.  If that approach works than it was a worthy
expression in my opinion.

Art is a lie that points to the truth - Dali or Picaso (can't remember
which).  If you lie points to the truth great.  My books a lie too.  The
goal is to awaken people, not argue over what's THE best alarm clock.
Diffenent alarms for different folks, eh?

"Raw food is ambrosia. (when it smells and tastes good)" might be the
chapter enders in your next big piece of art.

Peace,

Zephyr