RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 08:57:05 -0500
Wes,

> as far as the references I've provided
> show.

Wes, so far you have not provided a single reference. What you have done
is quote out of some of the currently fashionable books in the popular
literature, which you found in your health food store.

I don't think you've figured out yet that anyone can write any book
about any type of nonsense at all, or publish their own weird opinions
about anything in the world, if they have a little money to cover the
costs. The totally dumb, and completely plagiarized 'book' by the nfl is
an example.  The popular bookstore shelves are filled with, many other
bogus and foolish books you can find, with all sorts of crazy nonsense
about what to eat and what not to eat. If you find yourself with some
extra money, you too can publish your own book, about your own opinions
and any other wild nonsense in the world.

Just because you've read something in a book, does not mean that the
thing has any sort of truth to it at all. If anything, it is often cause
to wonder what motives prompted the author to write in the first place.

The references that you have been asked for, and which you so far
haven't provided even a single one that might serve as some sort of
support for any of your passionate and silly claims about food, is a
_scientific_ reference. I would have thought that by this time, you
might have learned what a reference is, in your introductory courses of
study at whatever school you're attending. Which school is that, by the
way? I have become very curious about the breadth and depth of their
curriculum.

[log in to unmask] (Liza May)