RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 19:17:52 -0400
On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Thomas E. Billings wrote:
> Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>:
> >Inorganic foods: Are there raw fooders here that consume mostly inorganic
> >fruits/veggies? Any comments or tips for someone who does?  Should I have
> >any concerns?  Can raw-foodism exist and work well on inorganic?

> Tom:
> Organic foods are not required to be a successful raw fooder. A post on the
> original veg-raw (1995) claimed that Viktoras reported that non-organic
> fruits and veggies worked just as well as organic.

How does one know whether the food is organic or not?  Is organic food
sold only in health food stores?  I almost never buy fruits or veggies at
a supermarket, but rather in stores that are devoted only to these products.
What they have is usually fresh and grown locally (not imported); does
"grown locally" necessarily mean organic?