RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 1997 13:29:27 +0000
Hi Peter,

you wrote:
>>To come to a real need I would recommend excluding any animal protein
>>from your diet, including the non-instincto dairy.

>I wonder if this has worked for people with a vegetarian background
as ingrained as mine?

I know at least one case of a woman who was app. 42 years old when she
switched to raw nutrition. She was a vegan then. After several years she

discovered instinctive nutrition. She stayed in Montrame for learning
instincto. There she was offered (of course) RAF.
The raw mackerel smelled incredibly good to her. So she ate it and
really it gave her the most pleasurable experience with fish she ever had.

I think its never too late. To break your conditioning I recommend
eating a tiny amount of RAF (fish/eggs/meat) - just some grams. This
will give your instinct the chance to know, that it is really available now.
The wait a week and smell RAF.
I heard of this trick from other instinctos with vegan history.

Peter:
>a little confused.  I am not sure that having an strong, initial
>reaction to cooked food is necessarily a sign of health - like when
the body rejects a toxin like tobacco - so with my sensitivity to cooked

>foods I have either reached a state of superior health or my health
is on some kind of decline. Either option seems very unlikely so that
>leaves me with coincidence. Not a very satisfying option for
somebody

To me it sounds good. Given your long vegan history I guess that you
really are in a very very good state (except for animal protein balance
perhaps.)

Peter:
>who is seeking certainty - but I understand certainty is an illusion

>anyway. :-)

Indeed I would even claim that being able to bear uncertainty is a
good sign for mental health while a strong need for certainty shows
that this person hasn't reached adult age (mentally spoken.) Children
sure need certainty. Adults shouldn't.
But I catch myself at searching for certainty also - at least for some
aspects of my life. :-)

Peter:
>exotic foods made available by Orkos. As examples of this I see it as
a justification for neurotic cravings more than an expression of
>instinctual needs when instinctos in Northern temperate climate
>periodically claim to be needing massive amounts of durians from the
>tropics or dates from hot, subtropical desert climates in order to
>thrive.=20

Hm. You can't deny that big part of your genes that came from living in
the warm climates.
On the other hand it is a contradiction to live in cold climates and eat

tropical fruits since this never happened in ancient times.
Dunno what to make of this. I will follow my instincts and currently in-

deed they tell me that they prefer tropical fruits and don't like apples

at all. Since I'm not forcing something I will let this flow freely. I
had phases when apples were wonderful and durian not of interest. So I
think my instinct handles it in a way that is best for me.

Best instinctive wishes,

Stefan