RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 07:21:15 -0500
>Grow Up Stefan!!! - All I wanted was to be able to read through the
>Posts here in the order that they came so I can Follow all the Messages
>and Threads in their Proper Order - That Is Not Too Much To Ask!!!

Yes, it is.  I find your preoccupation with this topic to be very obsessive.

>I just don't understand why Certain People can be so Stubborn and
>actually throw everyone on the List's Messages Out of Order and also the
>List's actual Archives Out of Whack too so that if someone was going to
>do a Date and Time Search they would not get the Proper Response.

Who in their right mind would want to do a date AND a time search?

>That does Everyone who isn't even on the List a Disservice as well,

I think you are the only one on this list who has a problem with this.

>so why would you and Pet be so Ill-Mannered and so Ill-Natured and so F'ing
>Stubborn as to not change your Time Zone to what is your Actual Time
>Zone so that I and everyone else can see all the Posts in their Proper
>Order and know when they actually were sent, and if I or anyone else
>wanted to do a Date and Time Search that we'd know we'd get the Right
>Response - The way it is now that can't happen and that's really not
>only Inappropriate but Mean, Downright Rude, and Asinine.

It is not rude not wanting to abide by your request.

>For example - Since you seem to need one and be unable to use Simple
>Logic and read my past Posts about this the Time Zone issue and why it
>messes things up -:

I think what it is messing up is your obsessive need for control and order.

>So what's the Big Deal with changing your Time Zone to +0200 (CEST) and
>everything would be fine? - Are you that much of a !@#$%^&* and have to
>be so Stubborn that you'd rather pick on me and say some Crap than to
>Fix your System and have everything be Right?  Having it say:

Especially with such eloquent diplomatic efforts. ;-)

>So it's about 4:30pm here so 1:30am the next day (4-25-98) there and it
>would be about 11:30pm GMT or UT.  Can you see all the confusion about
>not using the Right Time Zone?  So why not just change it?

I think that people on this list could care less about these time
discrepancies.

>Now that I've shown it so Clearly and Completely, What's The Big Deal
>with just having the Time Zone and System Clock set correctly.

I am completely in the dark about what the big deal is.

>Using the wrong Time Zone is like using No Subject or changing a Reply
>Subject to where it doesn't follow the Original Post and so throws the
>Thread way off and makes it hard to follow - Which is of course not
>within the Guidelines of this List!!!

There is nothing about time synchronization in the guidelines.

>Also you said: "all of this nonsense which is by the way completely off
>topic".  Well it's not since it had to do with being able to use the
>List correctly and the Archives and be able to do Date and Time Searches
>and have them work - Very On Topic!!!

Why anyone would want to do a time search is still beyond me.

>I don't want to be a Moderator and I'm not but I would be a good because
>I would allow Everything that Everyone wanted and the only thing I
>wouldn't allow here is SPAM and Crap like that.

Not to forget sloppy time settings and email addresses that are not of your
liking. :-)

>I do follow the "Spirit Of This List" and so does Everyone here I see
>when it come to the Posts but a few don't follow the Spirit when it
>comes to how their System Settings affect the Quality of the Posts for
>Viewing and Searching.

Your long tirades about insignificant details are not in the spirit of this
list.

2. If you are personally criticized, upset with the operation of the
LISTSERV, or have recommendations for improvement, do not hesitate to
bring it to the attention of the moderator or listowner, either on
the list or in private.

Well, you have surely not failed to do this. ;-)

>Well it looks like I Naturally and Intuitively was following this
>because that's all I've ever done and unbeknownst to most pointed out a
>few things that were corrected when I first got on the List - It Was No
>Biggie!!!  So I don't know why you have such a F'ing Problem with Me,
>You, and Everyone Else just Following the Guidelines - So Chill!!!

Such gentle persuasion. ;-)

>Please do point out though if I have not followed the Guidelines in
>anyway or how me pointing out some Basic Problems with People's Systems
>and Names were Out of Line and Offended you So Greatly.

I fail to see how the demanding tone of your posts on issues that nobody
seems to care about can be in the spirit of this group.

>7. "Flames" of any kind should be avoided. In a nutshell, the basic
>requirement is that posts be polite, considerate and
>non-confrontational.
>Well I think I follow these for the most part but I certainly did
>Express Myself and Definitely was as Polite as I felt I could be with
>the way I was Replied to by you.

In your dreams. ;-)

>and figure out an Appropriate Place for them in one of your Bodily
>Orifices - Geesh!!! - That was harsh but I sure felt like that for the
>Moment I was writing and instead of lying and hiding my Feelings I
>wanted you to know how I felt.

The dumping and onloading of displaced personal frustrations is neither
honest nor appropriate.

>I just find it so strange how some People react to Very Basic and Simple
things being >pointed out to them that in No Way Are Harmful or Damaging To
Them in Any Way and yet >some Freak Out and/or just Ignore Them like
nothing happened and yet they
>know Full Well what's going on.

That is because you are blinded by the perceived righteousness of your
"cause".

>How about we just Call a Truce and come to a Simple Understanding that
this is a place >for Us All to Learn and Grow and Share Our Experiences,
and Let's Do Just That.

I hope that you have learnt something from reading my response and trust
that it has been a rewarding growth experience for you. ;-)

> There is really is no need for Hard Feelings for something So Simple and
just me
>following the Guidelines.

Your interpretation of the guidelines seems a little off to me, still I
hope that you have no hard feelings about me sharing my thoughts with you
on this topic. ;-)

>Anyway, let's start Fresh and I look Forward to us getting along in the
>Future and Look Forward to your Reply to this Post to see where you
>Stand with Everything.

Indeed, lets start afresh by putting an end to this nonsense thread.  I
hope I never live to see another 282 line post discussing the importance of
correct message headers  - life is too short. :-)

Best, Peter