RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Christian Schlepphorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 17:53:47 +0100
Ellie Rotunno writes:
 > Stefan Joest wrote:
 > >
 > > 1. Do Yoga-Asanas that affect the spine:

 > Hi Stefan. I see you are at the computer when I am. I do all those things
 > you suggest, Yoga, etc. and am now getting some good results with the
 > glucosamine.

Hi Stefan and Ellie,

I personally was not able to really improve (or cure) my back problems
with Yoga asanas. It seems that many of those problems are related to
subconsious muscular patterns that we use when we move, stand, sit, speak
or whatever. Those patterns are often linked to psychic conditions
such as fear, stress, anger. Because those movement patterns are very
old, they feel "right", and we apply them when we do sports or
asanas. The back problem can even get worse due to the increased
effort. A solution for me is to unlearn those tension
patterns gradually by using F.M. Alexander's technique. This technique
may be helpful to you, too.

Some years ago I believed that "you are what you eat". Now I've
learned that this is true to a minor degree only. You are what you do
to yourself. The way how you use your body when you move is at least
as important as the stuff you eat.

Best regards

Christian