RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:07:12 -0600
Kirt:
>Having vendors at the Expo sounds great to me, but I get worried when
>organization is given over to a "company" with a product (even one with
>"love" in the title ;)) to sell. Kinda like when the dairy industry
>provides nutrition lessons to teachers--OK, maybe that's a bit extreme, but
>what gives? Is it an SF Life Expo or a self-published recipe book party?

I have been having some of the same reservations.  Like you I was surprised
when I heard that the expo was to be run by what seems to be a special
interest group.  It seems out of step with the commitments that SF-Life has
made in the past years to be open to a range of influences and ideas.  By
having a single agenda dominate the expo I am afraid that much diversity
will be lost and that SF-Life's fresh and eclectic approach will be
side-lined. I think that SF-Life should wait and pool together its
resources for another expo when the time is ready - maybe next year and not
let an organization with a single agenda run with the ball in the mean
time.  Letting this happen would not only put SF-Life in a poor light but
also betray the vote of confidence given by its many members who have grown
accustomed to a public a service of high integrity & quality over the years.

Best, Peter