RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:54:46 -0800
The article is on http://www.net-connect.net/~jspeyrer I hope to get an
animated illustration put on it soon, so I hope you'll all take another
peak.

There are many reasons for the poor track record of various therapies.
The most important, I think, is because therapists do not help the
client redirect anger during the session. A person could be in primal
therapy and have a primal but not direct anger toward early abusers. A
successful primal that helps to relieve symptoms is one in which the
person redirects anger toward early abusers.

 At The Caron Family Services in PA, they do something called a
sculpture, where I would for example be back in the crib where I was
often abandoned. Another person would stand with her back to me
representing my mother ignoring me. The therapists encougaged me to get
mad at my Mom, and use a padded paddle to beat on a hard pillow. This is
very healing and a necessary technique. But because a therapy is not
effective does not mean that it was not somewhat helpful. Recovery is a
physiological process that goes on without any therapy, and any therapy
that encourages the releassing and redirecting of negative emotions is
helpful.

Also those of us who are detoxing our bodies from food have a much
better chance of full recovery. Most people in therapy are clogging up
their brains with food substances, and many are taking drugs. Also many
people are in denial and have not hit a bottom, so to speak. It's not
easy to admit our parents couldn't love us, and also recovery means
going through the pain of detoxing, emotional pain. It means being
willing to feel the fear that is a sign that underlying anger is trying
to emerge. It's easier to suppress that pain with food, drugs, or
co-dependent relationships.

Ellie