RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:07:40 -0400
>I'm just curious.....  Why would raw animal foods not also remove toxins
>and buildup?  Why are animal foods somehow associated with contributing
>to "toxicity" and vegetables seen as being "clean" and removing toxicity?

Steve,

They can in their own way, and sometimes more effectively in the long
run.
But I feel that they do puterfy quickly in the intestines when transit
time is not good. If I go by the odors of what is eliminated (when it
is
elimination of recent food intake), then I have to say that animal
foods
are generally less clean. I found fertile, raw eggs in a raw diet to
be an
exception; they seem very clean in that sense (little odors in the
stool).
Even good lamb for me (either raw or lightly cooked, makes little
difference with me) often seems to start to putrefy before fully
digested,
although overall it is beneficial in other ways.

If something is 'stuck' in the intestines, then removing the animal
foods
temporarily may allow for the physical removal of toxic, morbid
materials
that may otherwise stay put. Again, it may not be the best long-term.
It
could be responsible for AVs excellent health, first cleaning out on
raw
vegan, then building up by adding raw animal foods later. Maybe if he
had
never gone through the cleanout phase on raw-vegan he would not have
had
the same results (totally hypothetical I know).

>I think raw organic (and/or wild) animal foods can also be very effective
>in removing toxicity from the body (and of course, they are also very
>strengthening and building foods).  Whether you agree or disagree with
>Aajonus Vonderplanitz's way of eating, he seems to have had much success
>reversing a wide variety of serious health conditions including cancer
>using raw foods, much of it from animal sources.   Also of importance
>is Dr. Weston Price's comprehensive research in the 1930s ("Nutrition
>and Physical Degeneration") showing that animal foods are essential for
>good health and a long life.   Of course, there is no question that our
>modern day "production line, hormones and antibiotics added for "free"
>animal foods are quite toxic, especially since they are almost always
>eaten cooked.  But this should not imply that all animal foods are
>toxic.  So I think there needs to perhaps be some rethinking of this
>notion that animal foods are somehow "toxic".

I'm very much an adherent of Weston Price style nutrition, and that
for
most, maybe almost all, people including substantial animal-source
foods
probably is best. Also, AV's idea of cooked green foods causing
problems,
whether from enzyme-mutations or other reasons, seems to directly
apply
to me.

I never said that meat is 'toxic'; in fact due to the high-quality
proteins and other nutrients and coenzymes not found in plant foods,
animal-source foods in moderate amounts may be essential for optimal
function of the human detoxification system. But the reports of
instinctos eating lots of meat and developing cancers is something to
think about too. So over the long-term, it is about a balance I think.

I have a feeling I'm making no friends around here :)

Paul