RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 16:22:05 -0700
Stefan Joest wrote:

> huge amounts of lean meat and felt unsatisfied but when I ate some
> fat together with the meat I needed much less and was more satisfied.
> So I began to include the fat and finally can now eat pure animal
> fat - mostly the soft one (unsaturated) and the psyche doesn't com-
> plain any longer. I find the hard (saturated) fats mostly
> unattractive. They do not melt in my mouth.

I never related soft and hard fat to unsaturated and saturated. It
seems to make sense. All of my meat is no hormone and no antibiotics
but also tends to be very lean especially the pastured beef from New
Zealand. The beef from the state of Colorado (Colman is the company)
is finished in a feed lot on grain. It tends to have more soft fat on
some of the cuts. I only like the hard fat and give the soft fat to
the animals. I am left unsatisfied with lean meat and usually eat raw
milk cheese to get enough fat into my diet. I have sort of lost
interest in avocados but eat them occasionally now. For years they
were a big part of my diet but I wasn't eating any cheese then.