RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:04:51 EST
Doug,
	Your citing of research that showed lower body temps resulting in
longevity agree with what I've read too.  It's actually a potent argument
in favor of the all-fruit diet, if I could ever find a way to make that
work that wouldn't ruin my adrenals.  You see, I've been taking careful
measurements of my own body temperature for a few years now, and I've
noticed that my body temperature is around 96 on fruits, 97 on vegetables
and grains, and 98 on nuts/seeds.  Since I'm eating a mix of these
things, I'm usually averaging around 97.  Accidental consumption of
cooked foods can send it up to 98 or so. And I'm sure that it would be
about 98.5 on cooked animal foods, but I wasn't into temperature
measurements back when I was eating like that.
	But also my temperature seems to vary somewhat with my
surroundings too, warmer in summer and colder in winter or in a cold
room.  Also drops when more water is being drunk.
	And during a 15-day fast earlier this year, I was getting
temperatures in the 93.5-95.5 range frequently.  (Though in the early
phase of this fast, it was up around 98!  Probably a detox crisis.)

	Hey, listen.  You sound like a fascinating guy who might enjoy
joining Ward's "Natural Hygiene Many-To-Many" newsletter.  It's sort of
like a print version of this veg-raw that publishes bimonthly letters
from 40-50 assorted hygienists, instinctos, and such.  He also publishes
article reprints we send him that look interesting.  For $5, you can get
a sample copy (about 160-180 pages) from Ward Nicholson, 232 S. Belmont,
Wichita, KS.  (Any checks payable to Ward.)  It's not as frenetic as this
forum, which can be good.  Gives you more time to think about what you
want to say.  You also get to interact with people who don't have e-mail.
 Anyway, you have some refreshingly different ideas that I think would
enliven our discussions if you should choose to participate.