RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 13:40:00 -0500
>FWIW, there is great variety in chimp diets. One group eats no nuts
because
they haven't figured out how to get the shells off; another uses the same
nuts as a staple of their diet because they can shell them. And only
several
miles from each other. arjen would likely argue that the nut-eating chimps
are using technology to eat foods which are not biologically appropriate,
eh? ;)

yes, I've also seen (on the telly! - no reference)
that certain populations will eat insects and others
seem to ignore them.

> It seems to me that real world vegan is virtually nonexistent.
How so?

there is always animal matter being ingested in various forms,
even unintentionally, so strictly speaking, there are no vegans...
what level is significant? yada yada...

> It's not important to me whether or not there HAVE BEEN any raw vegans,
> That seems to be your focus.
>Yes. And are there now?

I believe there are humans that thrive on raw veganism, yes.

>Sure, its _possible_. But whether it leads to maximum health is also an
issue. It's possible to be a breatharian, for a short time. ;)

I believe I am thriving, but I have not been 100% for an extended period.
I believe I am close enough to being raw vegan to make judgements about it,
but have no
great attachment to it.  yes, as I've said, tooth health can be
compromised,
in my experience.

If I had deteriorated on raw vegan, I would be saying the things you do.
When I start deteriorating, I'll let you know.

yes, I have encountered the warped aspiring breatharian myself.

Gary

Secola/Nieft <[log in to unmask]>@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU> on 11/25/2001
01:23:40 PM

Please respond to Raw Food Diet Support List

Sent by:  Raw Food Diet Support List <[log in to unmask]>

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:
Subject:  Re: Evolution: thoughts about Beyond Veg and raw meat