RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anwar J Goins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:31:36 -0500
Personally I'm not worried about bacteria. Of course the more bacteria
that are there the more they will be helping me to cleanse. The only case
where see this being counterproductive is in the case where my body is
not being supported so that it can regenerate. But that is why we eat raw
foods and moreover why it is preferable for one to eat organic raw foods.
But we must all do the best we can. I don't eat organic most of the time
because I cannot.(one day I'll have my own farm so that I can, God
willing). Bacteria are not the real problem. Some people recomment
searing(If I spelled this right) the outside of the meat and then cutting
it off(with hot water or fire). The sun having antibacterial
properties(and anything having antibacterial properties) I believe is to
slow down the action of the bacteria(they also produce harmful toxins) so
that the body can catch up if it needs to. I eat most of my meat straight
out of the package and occasionally I'll rinse it off but not with very
hot water. When I eat raw fish I just cut open the fist and eat it(it's
in the skin). Or I buy it and just eat it. You can dip it in raw apple
cider vinegar(adds flavor) or lemon juice or salt. But when I do this I
do it for flavor not necessarily to slow down the bacteria. You might be
over paranoid about bacteria, but it is common. However, it might do you
well to to get familiar with Bechamps work or other doctors/researchers who
don't want to have anything to do with the germ theory of disease because
of it being fallacious. And not all bacteria are bad. I don't believe one
should overly worry about bacteria when eating raw foods. Not only does a
healthy body not ahve anything to worry about any type of "bad" bacteria,
when and if they might be counterproductive natural things of
consumption(like raw honey), fresh air, good attitude, sun and
all of that good stuff in smartly prepared or unprepared foods helps
slow them down AND support your body. That's my take.

Godbless,
Anwar